D.Ed is known as diploma in education which is basically a full time two years course and is offered by various training schools in India. To be eligible for this course one needs to complete higher secondary education from a recognized board or university. The admissions to D.Ed course is completely based on merit basis.
Admission Procedure with eligibility criteria
Higher secondary education from a recognized board or university with minimum of 50% marks as aggregate for this course is must. The relaxation for reserved categories varies up to 5 % in terms of marks.Eligibilty applies to even those candidates who have completed 18 yrs of age at the time of admission. And the maximum age at the time of admission is 35 yrs.
The basic Application procedure:
Candidates who need admission for diploma in education need to pay an application fee of Rs.25/-by taking a demand draft in favor of government of west Bengal School Education directorate and apply in the prescribed format. Admissions will be clearly based on the marks obtained in respected examinations and the applications can be downloaded from the official website of school education directorate.
Requirements to apply for the primary teacher training course in West Bengal
You should apply as per the format available in the website www.banglarmukh.gov.in. You should attach the fallowing with your application:
1. Attested Xerox copy of your madhyamik admits card or certificate.
2. Attested Xerox copy of your madhyamik and Higher Secondary mark sheet.
3. Attested Xerox copy of your cast certificate (if applicable)
4. 2 recent passport size photo (Self attested). One photo should be affix with the application.
5. A demand draft of Rs 25/-from any Gov. bank in the name of the principal or In-charge.