Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi conducts an all-India entrance test (GGSIPU-CET) for admissions to various Engineering, Technological & Scientific programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate level in the University.
Several courses are offered to students who qualify the GGSIPU-CET which can be divided into four groups.
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA, Part-Time)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Mass Media
- Bachelor of Journalism (Mass Communication)
- Master of Education
- Bachelor of Education
- Master of Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy/ Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy/ Occupational Therapy/ Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Master of Science Biodiversity & Conservation/ Environment Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Hons)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Master of Arts (English & Communication Studies)
- BA. LL.B (Hons.)/ BBA. LL.B (Hons.)
Engineering & B. Arch. Programmes
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- B.Tech./ M.Tech. (Dual Degree)
PG Medical Programmes
- PG Medical Degree/ Diploma courses
There is no uniformity in the eligibility criteria for programmes offered by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University through its Common Entrance Test. Different programme have different eligibility conditions. So candidates are advised to go through properly the eligibility condition required for the courses to which they are seeking admission.
- GGSIPU-CET is not a common test for all courses. Students choosing different programmes have to appear different test in their respective subjects as per the scheduled date and time.
- However question papers of all subjects in GGSIPU-CET consist of multiple-choice objective-type questions of two and a half hours duration carrying 600 marks.
- In all the test contain 150 objective-type questions to be answered on the OMR answer sheet by marking the appropriate answer.
- Each question carries equal marks.
- There is negative marking for incorrect answers.
The Common Entrance Test of Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University/GGSIPU is conducted for various courses ranging from Arts to Science to Management to Engineering to medicine and so on. Therefore, there is no common syllabus for GGSIPU CET. For different programmes, separate tests are conducted in the respective subjects or allied subjects. The information related to the precise syllabus for each entrance test can be obtained from the official website of GGSIPU.
Click to read this article" >VIT Engineering Entrance Exam Results -2014