To take B.Ed admission in Calcutta University is not an easy task, you have to clear some exam, the cut-off of the different stream like 10+2, Bachelor degree, or another degree if any. The University of Calcutta is very prestigious University of Calcutta. Students always wish to get admission in this type of university.
- Applicants, both deputed and fresher, must have at least 50% marks in Bachelors’ Degree and/or the Masters’ degree Examination of Calcutta University or other recognized University with any two school subjects from the following:1)Bengali 2) English 3) Sanskrit 4) Mathematics 5) History 6) Geography 7) Accountancy and Book Keeping 8) Economics 9) Education 10) Political Science 11) Hindi, 12) Urdu and 13) Arabic.
- For B.Tech with specialisation in mathematics and science, an applicant should have at least 55% marks.
There shall be a relaxation of marks in favour of SC and ST candidates as per norms of the State Govt. and the NCTE.
- There is 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/PWD.
For admission into B.Ed (Bachelor of Education), Course in the colleges affiliated to the University of Calcutta, an entrance test, is conducted by University of Calcutta
Bengali, English, Bio. Science, Physics, Chemistry, Math., Geography, History, Work Education, Computer Education are available, and the offer of admission will be given as per availability of seats and subjects of the College concerned.
Selection will be made strictly as per University norms. Names of the selected candidates will be walled up in the Notice Board duly. No individual intimation will be given. Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe applicants from the other states will not get the reservation facilities of S.C./S.T.
How to Apply:
Applications from graduate (preferably with Honors and Master degree) candidates in a (10+2+3) pattern (except deputed category) in prescribed forms obtainable from the University Sales Counter from 30th March2012on payment of Rs.50/- are invited for the B.Ed. Course. Applications complete in all respects along with attested copies of certificates and testimonials must be submitted to the Office of the Secretary, U.C.A.C., at Shahid Kshudiram Sikshaprangan, 1, floorReformatory Street,(GrFloor), knownKolkata-700027.
List of B.Ed Colleges affiliated to University of Calcutta:
You can get here the list of colleges affiliated to Calcutta University:
- J.C Bose College
- Ali Yafar Jung National Institute Of Hearing Handicapped
- Calcutta Girls’ B.T. College
- National Institute For The Mentally Handicapped
- Nandalal Ghosh B.T. College
- Loreto College
- Institute of Education for Women
- Gopal Chandra Memorial College of Education
- Government College of Education
- Gobardanga Hindu College
- Gandhi Centenary B. T. College
- Fakir Chand College
- Department of Education - University of Calcutta
- David Hare Training College
- Bijoy Krishna Girls’ College
Duration of B.Ed Course:
The Colleges offers One Year Secondary Teacher Education Progress known as B.Ed.
Fee for B.Ed Course:
Fee structure for the session 2016-2017:
1. For deputed Candidates-
total fee=Rs 12544
2. For Fresher candidates-
total fee=Rs 1744
Applicatin fee- 150 for General and 75 for SC/ST/PWD
87 /1 College Street
Pin Code: 700073