TENDER PROCESS MANAGEMENT IN A PUBLIC SECTOR
TENDER ASSESSMENT AS WELL AS CRITERIA OF SELECTION
Reliability of a method is preserved by evaluating the offers again and again, impartially as well as equally for specific suppliers. Evaluation of tenders is also done next to the pre-defined evaluation criteria. Doubtfully, cost is the only base for awarding the contract.
The process of tender assessment includes giving score for the experience, excellence, skills as well as prior work output instead of accepting lowest cost. This weighting is applied in such a way that money worth can be ensured. Usually, either five or less than five basis of evaluation, will be taken in use. Criteria should be project related and need to be able for a significant evaluation. Criteria that are used need to be capable for allotting a score for every submitted application of tenders.
To measure the capabilities of applying firms, criteria of selection is used. The basis for evaluation includes task admiration, technical and administration skills, relevant experience, administration system, price, methods, resources and past performance.
Experience of relevant tender
Assessment of the relevant, prior experience needs to be done in order to attain the expected results of the project. This assessment is done in the specific areas of skills that are needed to attain the results. Experience for the relevant project is checked by evaluating the tenderer’s role, cost of project and time period of the project.
• PERFORMANCE IN PAST ROLES
Assessment of the performance of the tendering organization for completing the past projects, standard of quality, claim history, product value, within budget and project management need to be done. For this the required information includes the name of project, name and phone number of project manager of client, levels of target performance, completion date, details of R & OH records, date of completion and extended time period that is granted, tender price, final cost and variation.
• TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES
For assessing the technical capabilities, initial information that is required is name, technical expertise, functions and CVs of those personnel who are proposed by a tenderer to work on that particular project. Capability of professional and key management needs to be assessed also along with the evaluation of these personnel. For this evaluation, emphasis is particularly given on the experiences and skills required in that technical field which are relevant with the project.
• SKILL MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION
Management skills of the personnel need to be assessed for which the details that are required include the program software, system of environmental organization, tools for project management, quality scheme.
Assessment of all the equipment comprising the intellectual possessions and facilities, offered by the tenderer to employ in that project, should be done. For this details related with the labor, perfect equipment, services are required.
The method or procedure that tendered will use in order to attain the desired end results are given in detail in the tender documents. Information that is needed includes indicators of key performance, quality plan, recording and reporting system, work’s program, innovative method needs utilization, followed by their divisions of work into subcontracts.
This is amount that would be paid by the company to tender for the services offered or the work done. All cost such as changeable tender cost, operating cost and preservation cost, capital cost and special adjustment. There is an increase of 60% in the price generally, while weighting on tender.
Range of Weighting for criteria of selection need to be under following
Below given are the processes of evaluation
1. For every non-price criteria, individual scores are added. With an increment of 0.5, every criteria is allotted a specific point score varying form highest score 10 (excellent) to lowest score 0 (poor).
2. According to the weightings that are preset, individual score of every non-price criteria is calculated. For calculating the weighted score, weight is multiplied with score.
3. After getting a value by adding the non-priced marks for every tender, these values are normalized to 10. Transformation that is applied consistently to every factor in a data set is defined as normalization. This transformation is done in a way that set might get a statistical quality.
4. For the normalization of the non-price score the given formula is used. Formula is: total value obtained by adding the non-price score/highest value obtained by adding the non-price score x 10.
5. Complete weighted non-price score is obtained by adjusting the value obtained for all non-price criteria.