The top Distance education Universities in India are gaining importance these days. The reason is that most students wish to study while working these days. Also, to add weightage to their degree, they wish to complete their distance learning through the best institution. There are many benefits students can get when they choose to do their degree or post-graduation in this mode. The distance learning universities in India follow different methods of teaching. Most universities conduct contact classes during weekends, while some also conduct classes online. Before getting into the list of top 10 universities for distance education, it is better to know the pros and cons associated with distance education mode.
Pros of Distance Learning:
Taking up distance course through one of the top distance education universities can bring the following benefits to the students:
- Students can pursue a job along with the distance education course.
- They will be in a position to save time as they need not have to travel to the institution on a daily basis.
- They have the liberty to learn at their own pace, which is not possible in regular courses.
- They can study whenever they want and wherever as well as they need not have to attend classes compulsorily.
- When they add a qualification to their favour, while in job, they can gain recognition from their employer in the form of promotion or increment.
Cons of Distance Education Course:
Enrolling in Distance Learning Universities in India even though brings the benefit listed above, has some disadvantages as well. It is time for us to explore them as well to help students in arriving at the right choice:
- There is better chance for distraction when a student studies through distance mode.
- Some hidden costs are involved in distance courses even though the cost of education is low. The reason is that if the contact programs are offered through online, appropriate web connection should be installed and there should also be a computer at home. These expenses can be avoided when taking up regular courses.
- Some distance education universities depend on a lot of technology. There are greater chances of malfunctioning of hardware or software, which can interrupt the classes.
- The quality of faculty members cannot be assured in distance mode.
- Loss of networking with friends.
List of Top 10 Distance Education Universities:
From the pros and cons mentioned above and cons, even though the number of pros and cons are equal, but there are many other benefits associated with Distance Learning Universities in India. Here is the list of top 10 distance education universities that will help students in making the right selection of an institution for their higher education dream:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik
- Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok
- IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute, Ghaziabad
- University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad
- Dr B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad
- Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
Some Related Articles:
It is true that when it comes to job arena, employers give better preference to candidates with the regular degrees as compared to those, who have obtained their degree through Distance Education Universities in India. However, doing their degree or PG from these top universities will add weightage to the students.