Distance Learning: Advantages & Disadvantages
Distance learning is one of the best options of the working professionals to do the courses online and through distance learning. In distance learning also, there are some advantages and disadvantages exist.
As there is having a lot of scope for distance learning in India, most of the people prefer distance learning for higher education. So, that one can do a degree while working.
Advantages of Distance Learning:
- Distance learning provides lot of flexibility as one can complete the course by sitting in the home itself.
- If there is computer and internet connection in home, it will become very easy to access information and can prepare for exam by sitting in the home.
- One can read in their free time which is convenient for them in their busy life.
- Cost of distance learning course is less compare to the cost of regular course.
- Both time and money will be saved by distance learning.
- There are many universities that help an individual in completing the degree.
- There are many online schools which provide the course of your interest in a particular area.
- One main advantage of distance learning is, distance learning course usually can complete on your own schedule.
- One more main advantage is one can learn while working which helps to make a better career.
Disadvantages of Distance Learning:
- There will be lack of social interaction in distance learning as in regular classes, one can interact with others and can share knowledge and doubts if they have any.
- In regular classes, one will get discussions through chat rooms, discussion boards and through email.
- In some companies, they will not accept the degree through online which may affect the future life.
- One should make sure that he/she feels comfortable working with computers and with online programs before joining to online courses.
- All the courses are not offered online as it requires some practical work to complete the course.
Above are some of the advantages and disadvantages of distance learning. There are many top universities that offers many online or distance courses which helps to complete the degree by sitting in the home itself..
|Know More About Distance Education:|
|Some Important Things You Should Know About Distance Education|
|How to Executive Distance MBA Programs|