IIM offers various distances learning programme which is designed for managers, entrepreneurs and management consultants. IIM Calcutta added one more programme in this. Recently Indian Institute of Management Calcutta is offering Executive Programme in Global Economics (EPGE) in association with IvoryEducation.
Features of Distance programme:
- Enrolment for the distance-learning courses is open all year (there are no set start dates)
- Distance-learning courses require strong self-discipline and self-study skills. It is recommended that you allocate about 10-20 hours per week for self-study and experiential project work.
- The study program includes reading courseware material and online resources library, plus project work. Distance learning courses provide access to an online resources library, feedback and evaluation from the course advisor via email.
- The duration of online distance-learning courses are flexible, the courses do not require real-time web-based learning. Students can download the courseware material and read it offline at their own conveniences.
- Online distance learning courses are licensed for individual use. The course material is not licensed for group sharing or company use.
About IIM Calcutta:
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta has been ranked amongst top 20 in the Financial Times (FT) Masters in management 2016 Global Rankings. IIM Calcutta was ranked above the London School of Economics and Manchester Business School for its management programmes. IIM Calcutta is ranked No 1 in Finance, No 2 in Economics and No 1 in career among the top 70 global business schools that offer masters in management programme.
Features of Distance programme in economics (Executive Programme in Global Economics EPGE):
- The classes are made available in across the country through e-learning
- EPGE in itself is unique as the modules are designed to make the participants understand more about Economic Analysis and Policy in a global context.
- This course will help students to develop a framework for analysing both opportunities and risks in the global economic environment.
- It introduces the participants to basic economic principles, theories, and tools.
Do you Thinking About Distance Education? You must Read the following: List of Top 10 Distance Education Universities in India What are the Employment Opportunities after Distance Education How to choose Distance Learning Programme: 5 Important Criteria
- It introduces the participants to basic economic principles, theories, and tools. To be effective and successful executives, one needs to understand how the economic events and policies affect the areas of operation.
- It is the first program offered by IIM Calcutta on a Direct to Desktop platform.
- The other online programs offered by IIM Calcutta require students to go to physical centres. Students enrolling in this program will get the convenience of attending the program from their homes and offices. With no limitation of physical centres, the program is available across the world.
- The program is designed in close collaboration of a professional e-learning company and one of the leading management institutes.
- It is designed to create a strong foundation in economics for working executives.
- The Program Directors of the program are Prof. Anindya Sen and Prof. Parthaprathim. Prof. Sen is a Professor of IIM Calcutta and a global icon in the field of economics. He was earlier associated with American University of Armenia; Visiting Associate Professor, University of Notre Dame, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research and University of Calcutta. He has a Ph.D. from University of Southern California. Prof. Parthaprathim Pal is an Assistant Professor at IIM Calcutta. He has a Ph.D. from JNU, New Delhi.
- It includes advanced topics such as Importance of Economics in the global environment, pricing strategies, game theory, investment and capital markets national income accounting, fiscal policy for stabilization and growth, international trade, trade pattern across the world, trade policy instruments, WTO, foreign direct investment and foreign portfolio capital flows, monetary policy and exchange rate in an open economy, managing exchange rates, current and capital account convertibility, and other topics.
Candidates, who are working professional/self C employed, graduate & post graduate from any recognized University with 50% marks and maximum of one year of work experience (full-time) after completion of Graduation. The participants can also be given option to connect from home.
How to Apply:
For application and prospectus, visit www.ivoryeducation.com
Commence of course:
Course will start from last week of August 2016.
- For further queries about the program one can access to the link given www.ivoryeducation.com
- contact us at (+91-11) 4607 6571
|Know More About Distance Education:|
|Some Important Things You Should Know About Distance Education|
|How to Executive Distance MBA Programs|