As JEE is approaching, it is likely that students appearing for the same might get tensed or nervous. With less than a week left for the Examination, the candidates must be well prepared for the procedure of examination.
All the important details that are to be kept in mind before appearing for JEE Advanced are mentioned below:-
- The examination is divided into two parts, Paper I and Paper II. A break of one hour will be given in between the two papers. First paper will be conducted from 9 to 12 and the second paper will be conducted from 2 to 5.
- Candidates appearing for the examination, who will take use of a scribe to write the paper, will be given relaxation of approximately an hour. Respective students will write the first paper from 9 to 1 and the second paper from 2 to 6.
- The candidates appearing for the examinations are expected to carry a print out of their respective admit cards. Original admit cards will be given only to those students who are carrying a print out copy with them.
- The above mentioned admit cards can be easily downloaded from the official website of JEE- www.jeeadv.iit.ac.in. Deadline for downloading the admit card is 23rd of May.
- Any discrepancies in the admit card can be immediately applied for rectification through the official website on or before 20th May.
- A photo identity card is compulsory for all the students who will appear for the JEE Advanced examination. The respective photo identity proof is necessary in order to obtain the original admit card. The photo identity can be anything authorized like- passport, driving licenses etc.
- If the presented identity proof is faulty or if the candidate did not bring the identity proof, the acting authorities might permit the candidate to appear for the examination only on completing few formalities. It is very important to keep in mind that no extra time will be given to candidates who exhaust their time in similar formalities.
- Any kind of electronic device like calculators, cell phones, tabs, pads, electronic watches, etc is prohibited inside the examination room. Objects like log books, geometry box, study material, abacus, rulers, papers or pieces of paper will not be entertained inside the examination hall either.
- Appearing candidate is allowed to carry only his or her identity proof, admit card and black ball pen inside the examination room.
- The students will not be permitted to leave the examination hall for any reason. They are expected to be seated till 2pm and 5pm for both the papers respectively, even if they have completed their examination.
- Immediate disqualification for students who show inappropriate or unhealthy behavior such as impersonation or cheating.
Approximately thirteen lakh students, as per the organization, appeared for the JEE Examination (Mains). Qualifying students will be allowed to apply for admissions in NITs, CFTIs, SFTIs and IITs, for the year of 2016.
A total of approximately 1.5 lakh students are expected to appear for the JEE (Advanced) on 24th May, as per the selection process.
The official website will display the All India Rank (AIR) and the category rank as soon as the results are declared. Individual ranks will not be issued. It is very important to keep in mind that simply scoring a rank in the JEE (Advanced) will not guarantee admission into the IITs, or any other associated institution.
Good luck and wishes to candidates who are appearing for JEE (Advanced), 2016.