AIEEE MOCK COUNSELING - http://www.way2college.com/mockcounsel.htm
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India took a policy decision in 2002 to conduct an All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) annually. 30 NITs, 5 IIITs / IIITM / IIITDM, 10 other Central / State Government funded institutions and some Self Financed Deemed Universities / Institutes will admit candidates on the basis of their performance in AIEEE, to the first year of Engineering / Technology and Architecture / Planning programmes through a centralized counseling procedure.
The admission process broadly involves the following FOUR stages:
i) Online registration
ii) Online choice filling and locking
iii) Online Seat Allotment and personally reporting to an Admission Center
iv) Personally reporting to the Allotted Institute
In this step, all candidates declared 'eligible' on the basis of AIEEE-2016 results are required to register ONLINE through Internet (www.ccb.nic.in) from places convenient to them.
The procedure to be followed is described below:
1. Access the website www.ccb.nic.in and click on “Registration”.
2. The names of the two streams - Engineering and Architecture - will appear on the computer screen; click on the desired stream.
3. Register as a new candidate by clicking on “New candidate!! Register here” link. Read the instructions given on the screen and click on “Register”.
4. Register by entering the information (as indicated in the AIEEE Admit Card) against the following fields:
(b) Roll number
(c) Application number
(d) Date of Birth
5. After login, the personal data of the candidates (as per the AIEEE-2016 data base) will automatically appear on the screen. Candidates must verify their personal data. In case of any discrepancy, candidates will be allowed only once to correct the data in respect of category, subcategory, etc.
6. Candidates can take a printout (hard copy) of the registration form containing the above personal data.
ONLINE choice filling and locking
In this step all the registered candidates are required to exercise their choices of branches and institutes in order of their preference for these branches / institutes. The procedure is detailed below:
1. The procedure for exercising choices and seeking pertinent information is guided through appropriate messages and tabs on the computer screen.
2. Before the candidates can begin to fill in their choices, they will be required to read, and agree to abide by, the Terms and Conditions that govern this admission process. The candidates will click on the “I agree” check-box. Candidates will not be able to fill their choices unless they click on the “I agree” check-box.
3. As per the eligibility of the candidate, available seat information relating to institutions, disciplines (Engineering / Technology and Architecture / Planning), branches (e.g., Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) will be displayed.
4. Candidates can fill in as much number of choices in the order of preference as they wish to from the list of available seats.
5. Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their final choices. Choices should be positively locked before 5.00 PM of June 23, 2016.
Indicative seat availability (MOCK counselling)
Based on the number of registered candidates who have submitted their choices at any given time, the system will be able to provide an idea of the seats that candidates may be offered. This indicative seat availability ('mock counselling') is to help the candidates to finalize the most appropriate choice of discipline, institution and branch given their rank, state and category.
Locking of the choices
Candidates MUST lock their choices only after they have finalized them. The locking of choices involves a few steps after the LOCK button is clicked. This includes, entering the password, confirming the locking etc. Candidate should follow all the steps carefully to complete the locking procedure.
ONLINE seat allotment
During this step, the choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted in the order of merit as per AIEEE AIR on the basis of the locked choices. The allotment result will be available on the website www.ccb.nic.in. Individual allotment letters will not be sent to the candidates. However, candidates may get a printout of the allotment details from CCB website.
Candidates who are allotted seats will have to personally report to one of the Admission Centers.
Seat allotment will be done in many rounds. In the first round, all the seats will be allotted to the candidates and the result indicating the institution and the branch allotted will be available on the website. In the second and third rounds, seats will be allotted against the available vacancies in the respective rounds, and the results will be available on the web site. In the second and third rounds, no fresh choice filling will be permitted; registered candidates will not be allowed to alter or resubmit their choices. After the third round, all the candidates who have been allotted seats (in whichever round) will have to report to the Admission Center (Option I candidates and all those candidates allotted a seat for the first time in the third round) and / or to the Allotted Institute (all Option II and III candidates).
The counselling / admission procedure after the third round of allotment requires actions by the candidates depending on what Option (I or II or III) they had exercised earlier.
All India (AI) and Home State (HS) quotas
A candidate who is offered a branch in an institute under the home state quota will be considered for the same branch and institute but under All India quota in subsequent rounds subject to availability of vacant seats. Similarly, a candidate who is offered a seat under SC/ ST/ OBC category and/or PH sub-category shall be considered for allotment in OP category in subsequent rounds subject to eligibility and availability of vacant seats.
Minimum educational qualifications
If candidates fail to satisfy the minimum educational qualifications prescribed (10 + 2 or equivalent), their allotment of the seat shall automatically stand cancelled and such candidates will not be considered for seat allotment in subsequent rounds, if any.
Reporting to Admission Center for provisional admission
Candidates who get a seat allotment for the first time in 1st, 2nd , or 3rd round shall report to any Admission Center within the dates stipulated for that round for taking the provisional admission. Generally, the reporting time at all the Admission Centers is 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM.
Candidates shall carry the following documents at the time of reporting to the Admission Center:
1. Printout of locked choices and terms and conditions taken from the CCB website and duly signed by the candidate.
2. Originals for verification
i. Admit Card of AIEEE-2016.
ii. Score Card issued by CBSE.
iii. Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth.
iv. Pass Certificate and Marks sheet of qualifying examination.
v. Certificate of category (OBC / SC / ST), if applicable, issued by the competent authority
vi. Certificate for Physically Challenged (PH)
vii. Passport, if the candidate has passed the qualifying examination from outside India; this is required for determining the 'State from which eligible'.
viii. Proof of place of examination Center of the final examination from the National Open School for candidates having Senior Secondary Certificate; this is required for determining the 'State from which eligible'.
3. Two sets of self-attested copies of all the documents listed above. The originals will be returned after verification and self-attested copies will be retained by the Admission Center.
4. Two passport size photographs identical to the one pasted on the AIEEE application form.
Payment of initial fee
Candidates belonging to the OP, OPPH, OBC and OBCPH categories shall pay an initial fee of Rs.35,000/- (Rupees thirty five thousand only) and those belonging to SC, SCPH, ST and STPH categories, Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty five thousand only) at the Admission Center for provisional admission. The payment is to be made through Demand Drafts only. This initial fee payment is to be made through two demand drafts. OP, OPPH, OBC and OBCPH candidates shall bring one DD for Rs.1,000/- and the other for Rs. 34,000/- . SC, SCPH, ST and STPH candidates shall bring one DD for Rs.1,000/- and the other for Rs. 24,000/-. The demand drafts are to be drawn in favour of “Chairman, CCB – 2016”, payable at Nagpur. This initial fee would be adjusted towards the total fee payable by the candidates at the Allotted Institutes.
Issue of Provisional Admission Letter
Whenever a candidate gets a seat allotment for the first time in any of the rounds, provisional admission letter will be issued at the Admission Center after completion of reporting formalities. This provisional admission letter shall indicate the personal details of the candidate, details of the institution and branch to which the candidate has been provisionally admitted, details of initial fee payment and the Option (Option I or II or III) exercised by the candidate for subsequent rounds of allotment.
Reporting to the Allotted Institute
After the third round of allotment, all Option II and Option III candidates and those of Option I candidates who are (after the third round) satisfied with the seats allotted to them, shall report to the respective Allotted Institute. If further rounds of seat allotment are required, all the candidates getting a seat allotted in any of these rounds shall report directly to their Allotted Institute only. Generally, the reporting time at all the Allotted Institutes is 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM.
Choice of branches within the Allotted Institute
At the time of reporting, candidates, if they so desire, may give their choices of branches within the Allotted Institute, which will be considered for the subsequent rounds of allotment. For this purpose, the candidates shall fill in a form, indicating their choices of branches within the Allotted Institute. The admission in-charge at the allotted institute, will submit these choices ONLINE. A printout of these choices will be obtained and will be signed by both, the candidate and also the admission in-charge. Choices once submitted cannot be altered or dropped subsequently.