Diploma in plastic technology is a 3-year diploma certificate course. Students who have passed 10th are eligible for this course. In this article you will know details about Admission in Diploma in Plastic Technology, Course Duration, Syllabus, Career Plans After Diploma, And Salary Package.
Admission in Diploma in Plastic Technology
Students who have passed 10th class are eligible to pursue this course. There are two ways of Admission to pursue this course. They are
- CIPET: CIPET means Central Institute of Plastic Engineering& technology. It is a globally recognized primer institution in plastic technology education. They are conducting exam in July month. The application form for CIPET will be released in online mode and candidates can fill the application in eadmission.cipet.gov.in. The application form will release on 3rd week of April. The application fee for SC/ST candidates is Rs.300/- , OBC, general is Rs.750/- , north eastern region is Rs.100/-.
- Management seat
- The course duration of Diploma in Plastic Technology is 3 Years. The academic Program of these 3 years is divided into 6 semesters. The period of each semester is 6 months. The first 5 semesters are done in college, with practical’s and theory classes. The 6th semester also includes industrial visit and project work.
Diploma in plastic technology course, trains students in some basic core subjects. They are, basic chemistry, polymer chemistry, Mould fabrication design, Industrial training, plastic materials.
Career after Diploma in Plastic Technology
After completing diploma in plastic technology one may go for BE/B.Tech in plastic technology. In B.Tech colleges 20% seats are reserved for diploma certificate students. This entry is known as lateral entry. After completing B.Tech in Plastic Technology, they go for M.Tech or PG Diploma programs in Plastic Technology
If student don’t want to study further, after diploma, there are many jobs waiting. Some of the most common jobs for Diploma holders in plastic technology are:
- Production assistant engineer
- Quality control engineer
- Plant assistant manager
- Plant supervisor
- Design assistant engineer
- Product management engineer
- Plastic machinery technical engineer
Not only jobs, but also self-employment opportunities are available for diploma holders of plastic technology. If the student’s financial capacity is decent enough, he can even start a plastic manufacturing unit.
Fresher’s can earn upto10k-15k rupees per month. Starting salary depends on companies, job profile and job location.