Engineering Admission Process in Punjab

Engineering Admission Process in Punjab

Engineering Admission Process in Punjab

Entrance test:

A Combined Entrance Test is conducted by the Punjab Technical University for admission to first year Engineering course in the colleges.

Eligibility Criteria:

The minimum academic qualification for appearing the PTUCET exam is a pass in 10+2 with physics, chemistry and Maths as main subjects.

B.Tech Candidates who have passed (10+2) or equivalent with physics and Maths as the main subjects and any of chemistry, Biology, biotechnology, Computer science as optional subject can apply for B.Tech.

EXAM PATTERN:

Examination comprises of sessions.

Session I, II and III will contain objective type questions in physics, chemistry and maths and descriptive type questions containing short answer questions and numerical problems.

Session IV is the test for proficiency in Punjabi language to be taken by those candidates who are Punjabis settled in other States.

Medium of examination is English.

RESERVATION OF SEATS:

The seats allotted for the candidates of the Punjab residents is 85% and the rest 15% are open on All India basis. In all private unaided and Management Institutions, one third of the total seats will be considered as Management Quota.

IMPORTANT DATES:

These are important dates of the entrance test (Approximate date and time, liable to change every year)

Event

Date





conducted

April



Application Form will be available for sale

December-January

Last date for submission of Application Form

January end

EXAM FEE:

The FEE for THE EXAMINATION is Rs. 550/-

DURATION:

The course (Bachelor Of Technology) duration is 4 years( full time).

Contact Details:

Application form duly filled along with relevant documents should reach to:

Admission Cell,

Entrance Test, Punjab Technical University,

Ladowali Road, Jalandhar-144 001

Phone : 0181-2233877

Fax : 0181-2244008

Ask our Counsellors


Comments

0 # Jayesh 2017-09-13
I have secured 55% marks in 12th ,I think its too low to get admission in any good engineering college in Sirmaur,If you know about it please suggest me
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Mukesh 2017-09-14
yes, your percentage is very low, I will not suggest that you should choose engineering as a career, but still you want to do engineering you can try for private college in Sirmaur, they will admit you.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Harikiran Older than three months
Hello, I am from Midnapore West, tell me How can I check whether a B.Ed college is approved by NCTE or not?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Shruti Older than three months
Once you have decided to do your B. Ed from a particular college, you can visit the website of NCTE and can check whether the institution is under the list of approved institution,you can find here find list of NCTE approved b.ed colleges in Midnapore West- B.Ed in Midnapore West
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Aarush Older than three months
Hello, I have done my B.tech from Bhadrak with Electrical stream, now i want to do M.tech, Please suggest how I can get good college for M.tech
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Shruti Older than three months
It's good that you are looking forward for M.tech from Bhadrak, for getting good college you should have to give GATE exam, which is entrance exam for M.Tech
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Nishith Older than three months
Hello, I have done my B.tech from Gaya with Electrical stream, now i want to do M.tech, Please suggest how I can get good college for M.tech
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Jagan Older than three months
It's good that you are looking forward for M.tech from Gaya, for getting good college you should have to give GATE exam, which is entrance exam for M.Tech
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # mohd sham she alam Older than three months
Sir i want to tak admission in B tec in second yr my be possible i have completed my 12 yer of 2004 with pcb
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Ranjan kumar Older than three months
How many seats reserve for other state students admission through LEET In civil engineering
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Himanshu khanadelwal Older than three months
please visit waytocollege.com for further details about LEET exam.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Older than three months
dear sir
i got 81 per. in 12 class and AIR.is 10023 can i got admission in lovelly professional university
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
+2 # Older than three months
sir i achieved 105 score in aieee 2011 and my AIR is 76296 . may i aprooval for admission in this punjab university.reply me.`
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Older than three months
I WANT ADMISSION IN MECHANICAL
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
-1 # Older than three months
dear sir,
igot 66 marks and air 186589 in aieee 2011. can i get admission in b.tech at thapar instt. of tech?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote