The textile sector has got enormous job opportunities. The handloom textile industry in our country has its own importance. While protecting the traditional textile industry, It is a big challenge to reach the global market by providing modernity and adapting to the changing society. This is why the need for human resources in the textile sector is high. In this background, let’s find out about the courses, job opportunities and career opportunities in the textile industry.
The Career Guidance:
Many people nowadays are giving more importance to fashion and their appearance. People are looking modernity in everything. In this growing modernity, people are giving more importance to the clothes we wear. That is why, to cope up with the growing fashion world, people want special designs and quality clothes at cheaper prices.
Textile engineering is also known as textile technology. Their main function is to produce quality fabrics and adopt innovative methods of production. Key areas of textile engineering are: R&D, Technical Sales, Quality Control, Production Control, Corporate Management.
Opportunities in Textile Sector:
Every piece of clothing we use in everyday life, we can see the art of expertise of textile professionals. For example, the skill of textile engineers can be seen in various fabrics including the clothes we wear, bedsheets and door curtains etc... There is currently a shortage of skilled textile engineers. There are enormous opportunities for creative jobs in textile companies.
Entrance to Textile Courses:
Students who like to study Textile Engineering, should join B.Tech in Textile Engineering, after 10 + 2. Upon graduation, you can join PG courses in Textile Engineering. Some colleges also offer diploma courses in textile engineering with a 10th standard.
Eligibility for B.Tech in Textile Engineering
- Students who wish to pursue a B.Tech in Textile Engineering .. must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology subjects in 10 + 2 and should have passed with 50% marks in all subjects.
- To get into B.Tech in Textile Engineering, you need to get JEE score. Some colleges also offer admission based on achievement marks of 10 + 2 / inter.
- Textile engineering consists of four years of under-graduation (B.Tech).
Post-Graduation in Textile Engineering:
- Students wishing to pursue a two-year full-time M.Tech course in textile engineering must have passed BTech Textile Engineering with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University.
- Admission is only available on merit in the score at GATE Entrance.
Diploma Programme in Textile Engineering:
Many Institutes offer one-year diploma programme in Textile Engineering, with 10+2
To excel in the textile industry, one must have creativity, technical knowledge, ability to persuade others, interest in fashion, visual imagination, working long hours and knowledge of textile manufacturing.
Colleges Offering Textile Engineering:
Some of the top colleges, which offer Textile Engineering in India are:
- 1.Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- 2.PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- 3.Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Punjab
- 4.Avantika University, MIT Pune Campus
- 5.School of Aeronautics, New Delhi
- 6.Sona College of Technology, Salem
- 7.Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Job Opportunities:
In our Country the students who are excelled in Textile engineering have great demand. Due to the increasing demand for the garments, job opportunities are also increasing.
Job Profiles in Textile Engineering:
The major areas of textile engineering are R&D, Technical Sales, Quality Control, Production Control and Corporate Management.
Top Companies Recruiting:
- Indian Textile Company Pvt
- Soma Textile and Industries Limited
- Century Textile and Industries Limited
- Bombay Dying
- Arvind Limited
- Fabindia Overseas Pvt
- Grasim Industries Limited (Aditya Birla)