JoSAA 2017 Registration:
Notification for JoSAA 2017 registration is out and candidates planning to register for the admission process are recommended to know the important dates of JoSAA Counseling. Here are some points to be remembered by candidates before registering:
Some points to remember before registering:
Candidates planning for JoSAA registration should remember certain points that are given below:
- Registration is an easy process, where the applicants will have to just reconfirm some fundamental details like their contact details, nationality, state code of eligibility, etc.
- The number of days of seat acceptance given under the JoSAA counselling section is indicative and actual dates will be published by the concerned authority soon. Candidates are recommended to keep checking the authority website then and there for regular updates- click here.
- Candidates will have to pay the appropriate fee and also the report at the appropriate reporting centre for verification of documents and to accept the allotted seats.
- The reporting centres will be kept open on the schedule periods from 10 am to 5 pm.
- The option to withdraw is not available in the last round of seat acceptance.
- For candidates joining any institution, particularly, NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs, it is mandatory to physically report to the appropriate institutions after the 7th round of seat allocation.
- For more details in this regard, candidates can visit the website of Central Seat Allocation Board at CSAB Official site
- The starting of academic sessions at the institutions will be announced in the due course.
- Disruption in service or delays because of the breakdown of JoSAA computer servers due to reasons beyond the control of the authority will be rectified as quickly as possible and the same will be notified in the official website. In this regard, the decision of the authority will be the final and binding.
JoSAA Registration Details:
All candidates, who have taken part in the JEE Main 2017 are capable of registering for JoSAA seat allotment in NIT plus other institution except IITs. All candidates, who have been declared as qualified in JEE Advanced 2017, are capable of registering for seat allocation in all participating institutions.
Choice filling: Candidates can fill in their choices of institutions along with the branches in decreasing order of their preference. The applicants are recommended to fill in as many possible choices as possible.
Locking choices: Candidates should lock their choices. If they fail to do so, their previously saved choices will be automatically locked when the time window for filling-in choices close.
Seat allocation rounds: When talking about JoSAA Seat allotment, there will be 7 rounds for admission to institutions under JoSAA 2017.
Acceptance of seat: Candidates, who have been allotted seats, will have to accept the same by paying the acceptance fee through NetBanking or SBI e-Challan. They should also get their documents verified at any reporting centres for provisional acceptance. They can find the list of reporting centres at the official website of JoSAA.
Participation in subsequent rounds: A candidate will have to fill option for ‘float’, ‘slide’ or ‘freeze’ the choice of educational program.
Dual reporting: In case, in any subsequent round, a candidate’s allotment from a NIT changes to an IIT, the candidate must report again to the reporting center of the IIT. Similarly, in case, a candidate’s allotment from IIT shifts to a NIT, he/she should report again at any NIT reporting centre. If a candidate fails to do so, he/she will have to forfeit the seat allotted both in NIT and IIT.
Withdrawal option: Any candidate, who has already accepted a seat, has the option to withdraw the seat by reporting to a reporting centre before the 7th round of JoSAA seat allotment.