Applications in the prescribed form are invited from eligible candidates for the General Aptitude Test for determining eligibility for admission to Full time/Part time research leading to Ph.D/M.Sc. (Engineering) by Research Degree.
Conditions of Eligibility
Candidates who have secured not less than 55% marks at the Master's Degree Examination are eligible to apply for the test.
Bachelor's Degree holders in Engineering with not less than 55% marks are eligible to apply for the test for securing eligibility for admission to M.Sc. (Engg.) by Research.
Candidates belonging to schedule castes and scheduled tribes who hold Master's Degree in Science and Applied Science faculties with at least 45% marks and Master's Degree in other faculties with 40% marks are eligible to apply for the test. Physically/visually challenged candidates are eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks.
Candidates who have appeared for Master's Degree Examinations and whose result is still awaited may also apply for the test. However, such candidates will be considered eligible for admission to research leading to Ph.D Degree provided they pass the Master's Degree Examination with at least 55% marks and have been declared qualified in the test.
Candidates who have already qualified in the National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship or Lectureship of the UGC/CSIR or ICAR/GATE or ICMR JRF test or candidates who are selected for fellowship by the kerala State Council for Science, Techonology & Environment or the State Level Eligibility Test conducted by the Kerala Government or who hold M.Phil. Degree by research and thesis in addition to a Master's Degree or its equivalent with not less than 55% marks are exempted from eligibility test.
Candidates with DBT-JRF are exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test and they are permitted to register for research leading to Ph.D. Degree in Biotechnology.
Scientists/Ayurveda Doctors working in Pharmaceuticals/Hospitals/Research Centres owned by Government with 7 years experience and having 2 research papers published are exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test.
Scientists/Engineers working in approved Research Laboratories either owned or managed by the Central/State Government or an Autonomous Research Institution of National Status with seven years experience in the Grade Scientist/Engineer, having two research papers published in the recognized research journals of the concerned subject approved by the Board of Studies concerned, are exempted from the Ph.D Eligibility Test.
College teachers who have seven or more years of teaching experience are also exempted from the Eligibility Test
|The below links will help you to know more about Engineering Entrance Exams|
|Read Everything about Engineering Entrance Exams|
|Here you will find Complete Details of JEE Main Exam|
|Know more about JEE Advanced Exam|
Those who have qualified in M.Phil. in subjects other than the subjects in which he/she is seeking registration for Ph.D. would be required to qualify in Eligibility Test.
Registration will be granted to the eligible candidates only if the concerned Supervising Teacher has vacant seats at the concerned Research Centres.
Part-time Ph.D. registration shall be restricted to regular/permanent teachers of the Department and affiliated Colleges of the University of Kerala in the concerned subjects.
Part-time registration is also extended to teachers who are working in substantive vacancies in Government and Aided Colleges in the State of Kerala.
However, the facility of part-time Ph.D. registration (1) in Library and Information Science is also extended to those who are working as Library Staff in the University of Kerala on regular basis with a minimum of 3 years experience if all other conditions are satisfied and (2) in Management Studies is extended to those persons working in managerial position with a minimum of 3 years experience in Government and Public Sector undertakings provided all other conditions are satisfied.
The Eligibility Test shall be conducted in November, the exact date of which will be notified later.
Scheme of the Test
The general aptitude test will be of three hours duration and will carry a maximum of 200 marks.
The test comprises of General Knowledge (40 marks) Short answers (120 marks) and an Essay (40 marks). Post graduate level knowledge of the subject and aptitude for research are expected of the candidate.
Candidates can apply only in the subjects offered by the University and go in for specialization at a later stage, while choosing the topic of research for registration for Ph.D.
While applying for the Eligibility Test the candidates should carefully choose the subject
most suitable according to their qualifying P.G. Degree/choice or area of interest for
The Subjects offered are
1. Aquatic Biology and Fisheries
|You must read more about Engineering|
|Important things you should know About Engineering|
Application forms can be had from the Section Officer, Forms Section, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram or by post.
1. The cost of application form is Rs.10/- and the fee for the test is Rs.750/-. For candidates belonging to scheduled castes and scheduled tribes the fee for the test is Rs.375/- (Rs.10/- service charge in case of DD).
2. All remittances should be made either through University Cash Receipt or Demand Draft issued by the State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of India or District Co-operative Bank drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Kerala , payable at Thiruvananthapuram
3. Requests for application forms by post should be accompanied by self addressed and sufficiently stamped envelopes. Likewise the application furnished for the examination should be accompanied by self addressed stamped and easily detachable envelope for sending hall ticket.
4. Copies of Masters Degree Certificate and Mark list attested by a Gazetted Officer should be sent along with the application. A comprehensive mark list showing the exact percentage of marks secured or an equivalent certificate should be furnished.
5. Copy of the appropriate certificate from competent authority in the case of SC/ST candidates, attested by a Gazetted Officer should be sent along with the application.
6. Candidates who have appeared for the Masters Degree Examination and whose results are still awaited should send a copy of Hall Ticket attested by a Gazetted Officer along with the application.
7. Candidates who have qualified post graduate examination from Universities other than University of Kerala, should submit a copy of the eligibility certificate attested by a Gazetted Officer. Pass Memo will be issued only on submission of Eligibility Certificate even if qualified in test.
8. Fee once paid will not be refunded.
9. The photograph attached to the application and Hall Ticket should be attested by a Gazetted Officer and the name and designation of the officer should be clearly shown.
The last date of receipt of application is 16th August, 2016.
Candidates should note that qualifying in the General aptitude Test does not automatically, imply that they have been granted registration for research leading to Ph.D/M.Sc. (Engg.) Degree. Separate applications should be made for registration. The verification of the eligibility conditions with reference to the recognition of their qualifying degree and compliance of other formalities will be taken up only when the candidates apply for registration.
For more details visit http://www.keralauniversity.ac.in/
|Have you thought about after Engineering?|
|What next after Engineering|
|MBA Vs. MS After Engineering|