Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) launched ‘Udaan’, the project which is introduced to increase the ratio of girls in engineering. It is a project to guide 1000 girl student to compete for admission at premier engineering colleges. According to the project, 50% seats are earmarked for students SC/ST/backward Classes.
This project will provide a course in online or offline format for the students of class XI and class XII in free of cost to help the students to prepare for JEE (Joint Entrance Examination). It is an entrance examination conducted by CBSE for the admission of UG, Engineering, and Technology & Architecture courses offered by Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institute of Technology etc.
Aim of Udaan:
CBSE has launched the project to address the teaching gap between school education and engineering entrance as well as to develop the teaching and learning of Science along with Mathematics at the school level. The special emphasis of project Udaan is to address the low admission ratio of girl students in premier engineering colleges and to support girl students to receive special support so that they can join these colleges and can take leadership roles in the future.
CBSE acts as the board of education for public as well as private schools and holds final examinations for Classes X and XII for affiliated schools. It is also responsible to hold few national entrance examinations for admission into different courses and is the largest examination conducting body of India.
Eligibility to apply:
- Candidates who completed science from any board who have scored a minimum of 70% in class X and 80% in Science and Mathematics, and 75% in chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- Selection of the students will be on merit cum means basis.
- Tutorials, lectures and study material for preparation for IIT JEE will be provided online and on tablets given to the students.
- There is a complete assessment system to result in growth of reward facts. Financial assistance will be provided under the project, by means of reward facts exchanged towards fees in IITs and NITs.
- Periodic counseling will be provided to motivate students and their parents.
- Closing date for application is 27th October 2016.
Those candidates who are interested to apply, should fill the form which is available in the official website and need to send before 27th October 2016 to ‘Udaan Programme’ to CBSE’s head office in New Delhi.