India is overflowing with engineers. Have you wondered where all these engineers go or what they do after they graduate? They have a list of options in front of them after they complete their struggle in college. The number of engineers are increasing every year, the job market often finds it difficult to keep up with the growing number hence given the current market trend, various domains have opened up for them. Given below are few of the choices engineers make once they are officially labelled as engineers.
1. The cream layer is what the college calls these candidates. Not many in number but high on the scores, a few bright students get a 10 lakhs p.a package in companies like Google, Amazon. This can be through college placements or by direct job applications.
2. Few students are not happy with the benefits of their degree and they go ahead adding an MBA label to get a higher pay check and a quicker climb up the ladder.
3. Some students take the flight to their dreams and fly to USA to pursue an MS. US being the hub of major Fortune 500 companies.
5. Few GATE Exam takers end up at PSUs to work for the government.
6. Some pursue ME/M.Tech and pursue teaching and related aspirations.
7. MOST of the students work for Software companies like Infosys, TCS, IGate etc
8. Mechanical, Civil engineers end up working as Site Engineers, Design Engineers, Maintainence Engineers, and Quality Control.
9. Some join their Family business.
10. A few creative ones give up on engineering to pursue their interests like photography, music, writing, politics, social service etc.
11. People who dare to risk it, start their own ventures, most likely a manufacturing or a tech start up. Companies like Flipkart, Snapdeal, MakeMyTrip and many more were started by such daring engineers.
12. Some go for Civil Services examinations like IAS and IES to serve the nation.
13. Few struggle by working for small companies and then jump into one of the above 12 points.
14. And finally, there is a lot that realizes they weren't suited for this field. They struggle, they slog, they go into inner realizations, a spiritual journey of life, they search their gut, their true calling, and then they do any of the above 13 points.