CBSE is all set to conduct National Eligibility Test-2014. NET December-2014 is the exam conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship
CBSE is all set to conduct National Eligibility Test-2014. NET December-2014 is the exam conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor posts, both in Indian universities and colleges.
CBSE will conduct NET in 79 subjects at 89 selected NET coordinating institutions spread across the country.
How to apply:
- CBSE has created a separate website for NET exam students to apply.
- Candidates can go through the separated website www.cbsenet.nic.in
- Candidate should have the required documents including the photographs before filling the application form.
- Before filling the application, candidates are instructed to read the instructions.
- After filling the application, candidates need to select the mode of payment of application form through credit/debit cards or e-challan generated during the online filling of application form.
- Candidates need to take the print out of the application form, attendance slip and admission copy on separate A-4 size sheets.
- Candidates need to attach the bank challan, in case if an individual has paid by e-challan with the print out of online application which an individual has to submit to the Registrar/Principal of UGC-NET coordinating institution selected by the candidate.
- Candidate should have completed Master’s degree in relevant discipline with minimum of 55% marks form any of the recognized university.
- Candidates who are appearing for final year master’s degree examination are also eligible to apply.
- Ph. D degree holders whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST need to submit the copy of category certificate along with the online print out application.
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination past to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- Candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) qualified by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to December 01, 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
Pattern of Examination:
- Test will consist of three papers.
- All the three papers are of objective type questions.
- Test will be having two separate sessions.
- It shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Sixty multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty.
- In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- It shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- It will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory which is covered with entire syllabus.
- Candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet provided along with the Test Booklet.
- UGC-NET-2014 exam will be conducted on 28th December 2014