What is CEED-
CEED or Common entrance Exam of design is a joint Entrance examination for Post Graduation Studies in field of technological design.
Who organise it-
It held annually jointly at all Indian Institute of technologies (IIT’s) and Indian Institute of Science (ISC’s). The examination is hosted by Industrial Design Center, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, on behalf of Ministry of Human Resource development, Government of India.
Details of test-
It is a descriptive test covering a student's logical, creative, observation and drawing skills, tested in particular for admission to various design courses in the field of Product Design, Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation Graphic and, Vehicle Design and Mobility.
Important dates related to Examination-
The registrations for the exam commenced on August 4 and will continue till September 1, 2014.
There are no age criteria for the examination and no boundation of how many times a candidate can fight it.
The minimum qualification needed to give the exam, is a Bachelors degree in Design, Architecture, Fine Arts or Engineering from a recognized college or university of India. All qualified candidates with a valid CEED Examination score become eligible to apply for admission to various design programs under IITs and IISc.
A valid CEED score does not, however, promise admission to the desired institute. Candidates are always required to appear a second test known as the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) followed by an interview prior to final selection by the respective institutes.
The CEED examination is conducted in 3 parts, from the year 2013-
1. Part A
Part A is a preliminary screening test. There are about 50 questions in this part having negative marking. Correct answers carry +2.0 marks and wrong answers carries -0.5 marks (negative). All questions in this part checks general knowledge and awareness.
2. Part B
Part B is evaluated for those candidates who are short listed in screening test (Part A). All question in this part examines the drawing and creative skills of the candidate.
The first two parts is mandatory and the Interview is carried for those who clear both Part - A and Part - B.
Steps to register for Examination-
- Every aspirant may register online from the website of CEED before proceeding to fill the application form.
- Provide correct and valid E-mail id and contact nu8mber while registration. As CEED office will use these details to contact with you further.
- After completing the registration process you will receive an email or password on provided mail-id or number. Don’t delete this mail it can be used further.
- When you will click on the mailed link it will lead you to a login screen where you have to enter the e-mail id and password sent on phone. On successful login you will get a form to fill and an application id.
2. Payment procedure-
- Applicants need to pay the exam application fee through SBI Collect using Internet banking, Credit card or Debit card.
3. Completing application form-
4. Students need to login with the registered email address and password in the Online application web page.
5. Enter your personal details
6. Choose an exam city. You have to provide three choices. If a particular city which you have given as the first choice has to be dropped by the CEED office, you will be automatically assigned the city of your second choice. If both the choices are not feasible, then the third choice will be allotted.
7. Enter the payment details (SBI collect reference number and the bank reference number).
8. Upload the files containing photograph, signature, eligibility certificate and other supporting documents.
9. You can “Save” the application form anytime, logout, and login back again to continue the application process.
- Before Clicking ‘Submit’, you must check whether the information filled by you is correct through the ’preview’ option, as you cannot edit the form after submitting it.
- Once you submit the application form, you will get a confirmation page. Keep a copy of this. This is only for your reference. Please do not send this to the CEED office.
- If the application filling page remains idle for more than 30 minutes, the session will expire. In such a case, you have to login again and continue from your last saved session.