Right from the year 2016, candidates aspiring to join Master of Business Administration course offered by the institutions functioning under the Symbiosis International University should compulsorily take up the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, which is shortened as SNAP Test.
Generally, the formality to join the institutes functioning under this university is that the applicants will have to first apply to this common entrance test and then they will have to register with the institute of his/her choice of program by paying a separate registration fee to the appropriate institution. If shortlisted, he/she will be called to attend the GE-PIWAT Process conducted by each of the institutions functioning under the university separately.
Eligibility to apply for SNAP:
- Graduates from any recognized/statutory university or institution with at least 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST) are eligible to apply to the test.
- Before applying to the institutions, the applicants will have to check the appropriate eligibility requirement specified by the institute for the particular program for which he/she wants to apply.
- In the case of graduates from foreign universities, they will have to obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to apply for SNAP. The foreign qualification should be verified by AIU before seeking admission under any institute functioning under Symbiosis University.
The test will be conducted for 180 marks in total with four sections as given below:
- General English – Reading Comprehension, Verbal ability and verbal reasoning – 40 marks
- Quantitative, data interpretation and data sufficiency – 40 Marks
- General awareness: Business scenario, current affairs and general knowledge – 40 marks
- Analytical and logical reasoning – 60 marks
Duration of the test is 120 minutes and it is planned to be conducted on the 20th of December 2016 between 14 and 16 hours. It is an objective type test with four options for each question. Each wrong answer will attract a negative marking of 25%.
The applicants should remember that this test is applicable only for MBA and M.Sc Computer application courses offered by institutes and not other PG courses. The test is planned to be held in 30 different cities in India. The address of the center will be printed on the admit card for candidates.
How to register for SNAP?
Applicants can register online at the website of snaptest from the 24th of August 2016 to the 24th of November 2016. Also, applicants will be permitted to make any changes in the application submitted online only until the last date of registration (i.e.) 24th of November 2016, thereafter there will not be any room for any modification. To get identity card, they will have to upload the latest color photography.
The fee towards the test is Rs.1500 should be paid between the above-mentioned registration opening and closing dates. Candidates can pay online through credit card or Master/Visa card by following the instruction specified in the website. Net banking mode can also be chosen by candidates by transferring the money to the Secretariat account after registering for the test. Payment can also be done by cash and through DD as well drawn in the name of the Symbiosis Test Secretariat.