The topper of 2013 GATE Entrance exam is now pursuing his ME in Chemical Engineering from IISc (Indian Institute of science),Bangalore. Preparation for the GATE exam is the continuous process that should be ideally started at the time of graduation itself.
He also says that clearing the GATE exam is not the end, there are also other ways to fulfill the dreams.
He says that the preparation for the GATE Exam depends on the individual and one has to start to prepare for the exam from the graduation level itself.
He had prepared for the GATE entrance exam for around 6 months. The preparation strategy involved revising whatever was done in the undergraduate courses, also few topics even i covered that wasn't covered in my B.E years. So i had to learn everything from starting for few topics. Even i concentrated on solving the previous year’s papers. Every time i solved the previous papers i used to improve my accuracy and also improve my time management problem.
He even says that self study is more than enough there is no need to go to the institute.
Here basically the GATE chemical engineering paper is divided into 2 parts
1. Aptitude and the Engineering Maths
2. Chemical Engineering
Aptitude and the math portion is bit easy and also high scoring .It depends upon the individual so that he can decide and spend time each section. Since he wanted to do Masters in chemical engineering so he was focusing on chemical engineering subjects .But always there will be many questions in which you can answer as many as you can.
Again here he spent most of his time on chemical engineering subjects. In order to improve the weak areas he decided to scratch from starting. He spent a lot of time to develop the deeper understanding and. also different types of problem.
Make sure that fundamentals are clear so that you can revise perfectly the topics.
One of the best thing is that you have study from standard books.
He was mainly concentrating on Chemical Engineering topics
Introduction to Fluid Mechanics
Introduction to chemical engineering
Mass transfer operations
Unit operations of chemical engineering
Chemical Engineering for GATE.
The success tips for GATE 2014
1. He says that Avoid selective studying. All subjects are equally important.
2. Concentrate on all the subjects.
3. He also says that Try to solve as many problems as you can.
4. Also focus on the speed
5. Time Management is very important you have to concentrate on the speed and the accuracy.
6. Try to solve the previous year question papers as much as you can.
7. Try your level best to score well in aptitude and mathematics.
8. Keep positive attitude, keep the health good and don’t try to pressurize yourself. Keeping tension free mind is one of the best recipes for success.