Australia is considered as a popular study destination by Indian graduates due to its quality education and affordable programmes. Another important factor being that in Australian universities for Master’s programmes, Indian education system (SSC + 3 years of graduation) is acceptable unlike USA. So if you have done a three-year bachelor degree like Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Commerce (B Com) or Bachelor of Science (BSc), it is considered equivalent to Australian bachelor degree. Australia is also bit similar in terms of climate and culture of India, so it is easier for Indian students to spend time there apart from their homes.
Normally admissions to Australian educational degrees takes place in the month of September and January. Among this, September intake is preferred by Indian students. There are 43 universities in Australia: 40 Australian universities, two international universities, and one private specialty university.
- Australian High commission accepts IELTS/TOEFL score to establish English language proficiency of international students while deciding whether to impart student visa to a candidate or not. A candidate should have minimum of 6.5 score in IELTS or 250 in TOEFL. Some institutes accepts score of 6.0 in IELTS too. Students who obtain less than this are required to enroll for ELICOS, an English learning program designed specifically for students who require English language training before commencing degree courses in Australia.
- GMAT: - However it is not a mandate by Australian Universities or colleges but they still accept it. A good GMAT sure is definitely an advantage for all candidates.
Fee and Scholarships:-
A master’s degree cost may range anywhere between A$16,000- 20,000 in Australia. Reputed universities programmes are even more expensive than this. Scholarships are offered to deserving students by Australian government, educational institutions and also many public and private institutions irrespective of nationality.
Some of the major scholarship programs are:
- Australia Awards
- International Postgraduate research scholarships.
- Most student visas allow candidates to work 40 hours in every two weeks with pursuing their degree and during vacations, they can work full-time.
- After completing their course, students can opt for work permit. A student who has done a master’s course from Australia normally gets 2 years after studies work permit.
Top B-Schools in Australia:
- Melbourne Business School, University of Melbourne
- Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales
- Sydney Business School (SBS), University of Wollongong
- Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM), Macquarie University
- Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University
- School of Management – Queensland University of Technology
- Curtin Business School