Pursuing any professional course after 10+2 has become one of the most popular courses among the students. After completing 10+2 board examinations, the students start looking after for several courses according to their preference and finally end up in choosing one. Most of the students wish to join courses such as Management, engineering, medicine and law etc. To meet the demand of the professional courses among the students a number of educational institutions in India, including both government and private have made their best efforts to impart professional courses at different levels.
The Major professional courses in India along with their features are given in the following lines
1. Engineering and technical courses: A large number of educational institutes in India offer professional courses in the disciplines of engineering and technology. The institutes and the universities offer these courses at various levels like Undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. Plenty of job opportunities are available for engineers in related industries and research institutes across the country.
2. Business Management courses: Many students pursue management courses at different levels. Management courses are offered by the institutes at undergraduate, postgraduate degree/diploma levels and doctorate level. After completing these professional courses, one can join corporate houses and multinational companies. Various join opportunities are also available in government sector for degree holders.
3.Media and journalism courses: Professional courses in this field depends upon its different aspects such as writing, editing, reporting, voice-overs etc. These courses are offered at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels. Many institutes offer short duration certificate and diploma courses in the field of media and journalism. There are number of opportunities available for aspiring professionals in public relations, newspapers, radio, television, publishing houses, websites, advertising agencies and government organizations.
4. Medical course: There are number of medical colleges in the country that offer professional courses in medical sciences. These courses are offered at the undergraduate (MBBBS, BHMS, BUMS, B.Pharma), postgraduate degree (MD, MS and the others) and the diploma and doctoral level programs. The professionals of this field can make their career as doctors, by serving in government and private hospitals as well as research institutes and medical college’s practicing in their own clinics.
5. Law courses: Many law colleges in country offer professional courses in the discipline of law. They offer law courses at undergraduate ad postgraduate level. After pursuing such courses one can make his/her career in public and private sector as lawyer, teacher, professor, legal advisors, legal counsel or you can aspire to become judge of any court.
6. Foreign language courses: Presently, foreign languages courses are one of the most preferred professional courses in India. These courses are offered at certificate, diploma and degree level. Few institutes also impart foreign language courses at postgraduate and PhD level. Job opportunities in this sector are available in government organization, publishing houses, research institutes, industrial houses and media houses. One can also pursue ca career in government embassies as language translators after doing these courses.
7. Computer courses: Nowadays, computer and IT field is one of most promising streams in the country. There are many universities which offer specialized courses like computer applications,.net, hardware and networking,CCNA ,System administration etc. at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. One can secure a job in government and private sector, IT industries, teaching and can also work independently.
8. Animation Courses: Animation field is one of the most creative fields and require lot of creativity. There are many institutes and colleges which offer these animation courses to students. Students can pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. They can also go for some short term animations, graphic designing,visual designing, visual effects, digital film making etc. They can work in media houses, publishing houses, newspapers, production houses, advertising agencies and academic institutions.
9. Designing Courses: Many students after completion of their 10+2 want to pursue a career which is not conventional but at the same time give them ample of opportunities for professional growth. There are many institutes in the country which offers designing courses like fashion designing,jewellery designing, interior designing,apparel,textile and automobile designing courses. These institutes offer courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. After completion of the courses the students can make their career in respective field and can set up their own business too.