Civil Engineering deals with building, designing, planning and maintainace of the materials. A candidate who is specialized in this work is called as civil engineers. Civil engineerings work in the field of industrial plant buildings, transmission towers/lines, water works, river navigation, airport runways, skyscrapers, power plants, irrigation canals, traffic control, dams, shipping canals, bridges, rail-roads, sewers and highways. A Civil engineer requires supervisory and Administrative skills.
The courses that are provided in civil engineering:
Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
• Bachelor of Technology in Ceramics & Cement Technology
Diploma in Civil Engineering
• Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
Master of Technology in Civil Engineering
• Master of Technology in Building Technology and Construction Management
• Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering
Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering
• Master of Engineering in Infrastructure Engineering
Master of Philosophy in Civil Engineering
• Doctor of Philosophy in Structural Dynamics
For taking admission in bachelor degree in civil engineering the candidate must have passed (10+2) with a good percentage and taken the subjects as biology, maths and chemistry. And for seeking admissions in civil engineering colleges national level and state level entrance exams are being conducted. There are many civil engineering jobs in both private and public sector. The duration of the bachelor degree in civil engineering course is 4 yrs.
There are many post graduate courses that are provided in civil engineering the eligibility criteria for masters in civil engineering is holding a bachelor degree in Civil engineering or in any other specializations. Civil engineers can also opt for lecturer jobs in institutes and colleges.
The salary package for fresh graduates in civil engineering starts from 10,000 to 15,000 per month and later goes on increasing as per the experience.
There are certain pros and cons of doing civil engineering:
Sometimes the work can get challenging where you need to be prepared for this.
1. You need to work on buildings on the field.
2. The compensation that you get in civil engineering is comparatively low than that in other engineering branch.
3. Involves more travelling so due to that you need to be away from a family for long time.
.4. Mainly you will be responsible for building construction, quality and its structures.