Event Management deals with Organizing and managing the events. They get the chance to organize and manage the events like musical shows, concerts, exhibition, celebrity shows, film awards, political shows, seminars, press events etc. An Event Manager can find job in various Public and Private sectors. Depending upon the experience and skills there is lot of demand for Event managers.
The aspirants who have studied Event Management can work in the following fields:
•Lead Technical Developer
•Marketing and Business Development Professional
•Program Manager / Program Coordinator
•Public Relation Executive
•Event Management Faculty
Eligibility criteria for Event Management:
The basic eligibility criteria for doing event management is one should have good communication skills along with managerial skills. And should have an MBA Degree in Public relations.
An Event Manager can work in::
Travel and tourism Firms
Public relations firms
Newspapers firms and many other private companies.
There are lots of job Opportunities even for the event managers in abroad. As a fresher they can start their career from 10,000 to 15,000 rs per month. Once the candidate gets good experience and improve his social contact depending on that there will be chances of getting job in good reputed institute with 50,000 package.
LIST OF TOP EVENT MANAGEMENT COLLEGES IN INDIA
1. Amity Institute of Event Management, AKC House, E-27, Defence Colony, and New Delhi - 110 024, Ph: 24621960, 24699700, Fax: 24625956, 24623317,
2.Event Management Delvopment Institute,IES Management College,4th Floor 791,S.Kmarg,opp.Lilavati Hospital,Bandra (W), Mumbai_400 050,Ph:+91 22 2655 0808, 2642 7171,
3. Indian Institute of Event Management, 144 Laxmi Plaza, New Likin Road, Andheri West, Mumbai
4. Indian Institute of Management,D-3,Defence Colony,NewDelhi-110 048
5. International Center for Event Marketing,6/14,II Floor,Sarvapriya Vihar, New Delhi-110 016
6.International Institute of Event Management,SNDT Women's University,Juhu Campus,juhu Tara Road,Santacruz (W), Mumbai-400 049,Ph:+91 22 26608045
7.National Institute of Event Management, Ground Floor,Nandavan Building, Corner of Vallabhbhai Road & Ansari Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai-400 056, Ph.:+01 22 2671 6676, 2628
8. Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication - Dwarka, New Delhi – 110 075 Email: email@example.com Website: www.apeejay.edu