Interviews are considered as one of the most imperative methods for integrating information and recent views of readers, viewers or listeners. The major task of interview is to recognize the meaning of what the interviewee want from you.
An interview is a way of accomplishing effective qualitative exploration or you can say it is method used to determine the experiences of other people.
Basically, an interview is a discussion taken place between the candidate who applies for the job and a organization delegate to examine if the applicant is eligible for the job, internship or the volunteer opportunity. Although, if the vacancy is for an unpaid intern or for a volunteer, the company will even now conduct interviews to chose the best individuals for this opportunity.
Interviews can takes place in a variety of ways like held-in person, or can be conducted on the phone, or via Video chat on Skype.
The procedure of interview totally depends upon the organization even the vacancy for which they are hiring candidates and also the numerous candidates who have applied for the same.
Sometimes, the candidate get the position even after a single interview and at oftentimes, the procedure becomes lengthy and also includes more than one interviews whether with HR representatives or with different department heads and promising colleagues.
The basic difference between an interview and a conversation is that while the interview is formal, assembled, organized and solemn but the conversation is more casual, informal and impulsive. In interview the interviewer asks more questions and the interviewee answers more but in conversation both participants are equal and get an equal chance to speak.
If we define an interview, we would say that a conversation in which one personality called interviewer acquires information from the other personality called interviewee. Such a conversation can be called as an interview.
So we can conclude an interview is communication which takes place confronting each other between the applicant and the company representative. It is a mutual communication where the interviewer can gain knowledge from the interviewee and the interviewee can inquire about the organization as well as the job.
There are some points regarding an adequate interview:
- Distinctive qualities in applicants
- Interests or Hobbies of applicants
- Consistency and logical understanding of the applicant
- Fitness, structure & character of the applicant
- Educational qualification and experience of the applicant
Some tips regarding an interview
- During the ending of the application, always inquire about the interview.
- Organize a superior and remarkable resume
- Mind your body language. Be accurate and absolute in your information.
- Don’t talk about your personal issues and obligations.
- Look elegant and neat
- Don’t look tensed or nervous, calm down.
- Be on time or before time
- Implement effective, vigorous and trustworthy attitude
- Speak clearly and in calm style
- Be courteous- like yes sir/ma’am, thank you sir/ma’am etc.
- Indulge them with your good hilarity and grin.
- Synchronize your answers with the questions.
- Listen carefully, and answer concisely and honestly as possible.
- Show interest towards job
- Hang on for the results tolerantly and optimistically
- Hope for the best and leave it on the God.
- Negotiate on experiences and qualifications
- Show your willingness and promptness to learn the work.
- After selection do your work enthusiastically and sincerely.
- Always keep in mind that work is the superlative prayer one can ever do.