International Horizons College is licensed and accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR).
The college is an independent and international undergraduate institution committed to fulfilling high standards of academic excellence and relevancy to the 21st century.
The institution provides high academically performing students from the MENASA region with an American style college education in arts, sciences and pre-professional studies and serves as a pathway for transfer to elite universities in the United States as well as regional institutions.
International Horizons College balances specialized and general education in order that our students achieve a strong foundation for widely varying careers in business and industry, the professions, public service, teaching, and fine arts.
IHC prepares students during two years of study in Dubai for transfer to universities in the US. Preparation starts in the Freshman year at IHC, when students work with academic counselors to develop a clear academic plan. The Academic Plan is based on students’ natural aptitude and interests. The Academic Plan lists the ideal universities and their specific requirements for each student.
2+2 model allows students to save money, gain more academic preparation and be closer to home by completing the first two years of the bachelors degree in Dubai and then moving on to the final two years at elite universities in the US or other regions.
Program – Business Pre Major
Duration – 4 years
The students who wish to study in IHC Dubai should fulfill the following criteria-
- High School Graduate
- Show evidence if being able to succeed in college studies according to grades earned in high school college preparatory curriculum
- Submit scores of English proficiency if English is not the first language
- Submission of SAT or ACT college scores is highly recommended
- For students coming from UAE schools, a 70% score on the General Secondary Certificate is required
- Submit an essay in English stating educational goals and future aspirations
- Participate in an Admissions interview with a college official
Students should have the following documents along with them during admissions-
- Official transcripts of grades 9, 10, 11 and first semester of grade 12 if available;
- English Proficiency Test scores: For IELTS 5.5 on Academic Test and/or TOEFL (IBT 61; PBT 500;CBT 173). Our ETS DI Code is 3362;
- An essay of a minimum of 300 and maximum of 500 words in English stating educational goals and aspirations;
- SAT and ACT results if available;
- Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, Cambridge A Level exam results if applicable (IHC will grant applicants credits subject to approval of the Admissions Committee)
- Legible copy of the student’s passport
- Results of an in-person interview with an IHC faculty representative
Tuition Fee per semester: AED 32,500
Enrollment fee (deductible from the Tuition Fee): AED 2,000
Technology Fee per semester: AED 1,000
Student Insurance per annum: AED 3,000
Accommodation Cost per semester: AED 15,000 based on three to a dorm suite
Textbooks: AED 1,000 estimated average cost per semester
Address: International Horizons College
Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
Phone: +971 4 369-2000
Fax: +971 4 421-4954