K.C. Mahindra Scholarships can be a good opportunity for Post-Graduate Studies Abroad 2015
If you want to avail scholarship for your Post Graduate Studies in a reputed international institute in abroad, K.C. Mahindra Scholarships is an option for the Indian students. The purpose of the study is to encourage the Indian students to undertake different field of studies.
What is the scholarship?
It is a loan scholarship but interest free. If a student is successful in obtaining the scholarship, he or she can undertake post graduate studies in Natural Sciences, Business Management, Engineering, Humanities, Medicine, and also in the studies like Naval, Military and Aviation Sciences.
Website of the K.C. Mahindra Scholarships
Year of starting of the interest free loan scholarship
Mr. K.C. Mahindra started this encouraging post graduate overseas educational program for the Indian students in the year 1953 by establishing a trust and the program was started in the year 1956.
The announcements of the program in every year
All the leading newspapers advertise about this interest free loan scholarship program in every year.
Number of students to be eligible per year
Only 3 students are selected for this program in a year.
Right time to apply for the program
Before 30th June with complete certificates and documents
Official address of the committee
K.C. Mahindra Education Trust, Cecil Court, 3rd Floor, Near Regal Cinema, Mahakavi Bhushan Marg, Mumbai-400001. Or call on (022) 22895526
For any further contact through email:
Amount per student sanctioned
Depending on the need and merit the maximum amount sanctioned for this loan scholarship is 800,000 INR.
Other than the loan scholarship amount, a candidate is also eligible for 2 lakhs of rupees as the scholarship amount for the program.
Eligibility of the program
To be eligible for the post graduate higher study program, a candidate must be academically exceptional and with a graduate degree.
Quasi-Government and Government officers, fulfilling the academic criteria with a specialised qualification are eligible for applying for the program.
Conditions of being eligible for the program
Following conditions are there for being qualified for the program:
1) A first class degree or diploma (or its equivalent standard of qualification) from a recognised Indian University.
2) The final year student in the bachelor degree course can also apply for the program.
3) The applicant must satisfy the committee that he or she has already secured admission in the reputed international institute or University
4) The aptitude, character and the ambition of the candidate are also counted before being finally selected for the program.
5) A candidate must furnish all the financial sources, which may include College Fellowships, University Scholarships and all other financial supports which include financial supports from the family and relatives.
6) The downloaded form must be converted to hard copy in full scape or legal size.
7) You must not convert the downloaded information in A4 size paper
Duration of the program
The normal tenure of the program is 2 years, but in case a specific case is exceptional, the sanctioning authority must be approached well in time for finally being approved as a scholar.
Why you should read in between the lines of application form?
There are many questions in the application form, which are compulsorily to be filled up by the applicant. No column or point to be left blank. The column of referee is one of the mandatory columns to be filled, with due regards to the facts and figures.
The mandatory clauses of signatures by the candidate, parents or guardian for guaranteeing the payment of insurance premium as the repayment of the loan amount must be filled up respectively.