GATE is one of the qualifying entrance examinations for PG courses in IITs. Aspirants who wish to do in IITs have to clear this entrance exam to get admission. It is one of the toughest examination compared to all other entrance exams.
Aspirants dream to get admission in prestigious institutions by which they can get the best quality of education and the placements in the top notch companies. Almost all the IITs will have had tie up’s with the top companies for the placements of the students.
GATE 2016 Conducted by IIT Kanpur the organizing institute, GATE 2016 is the all India examination that is used to screen the students for the admissions to the various PG courses in engineering across the country. One who wish to take this GATE-2016 examination, they should start preparing for the entrance examination from now itself as it is the toughest exam. GATE-2016 will be held on January 31, February 1, 7, 8, and 14 in 2016.
There are many coaching centers in India which provides training for the students and help the students in the preparation of GATE-2016 entrance examination. Students will have to choose the best training center for the preparation of GATE-2016.
Candidates can download the application form for GATE-2016 from the link www.gate.iitk.ac.in
Last date for the submission of the online application is 1st October 2016.
Application fee for GATE-2016:
- Application fee for General/OBC Male candidates is Rs.1500
- Application fee for Women Candidates is Rs.750
- Application fee for General & OBC other candidates is Rs.1500
- Application fee for SC/ST candidates is Rs.750
Candidates can apply to the M. Tech/ M.E/ M. Des courses on the basis of their GATE 2016 scores. GATE 2016 will be conducted online for all 22 papers with multiple choice questions and numerical ones to be done using the virtual keypad. GATE Scores validity has now been increased from 2 to 3 years.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam is required for M. Tech admission in IISc, IIT’s & NIT's and Jobs in Public Sector Undertakings.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE-2016:
- Candidate should have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy are eligible to apply.
- Candidates those who are completed Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Application are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates pursuing in the final year of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S. - M.S. Program are also eligible to apply
- Candidates pursuing in the final year of the Four-year Bachelor's degree program in science are also eligible to apply.
Below mentioned are some of the top training institutes for GATE-2016:
- Gate forum Educational Services Pvt Ltd-Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Trivandrum
- Brilliant Tutorials Pvt. Ltd- Bangalore, Chennai and Kota
- Vani Institute- Bangalore and Chennai
- The GATE Academy- Bangalore
- Elite Academy- Mumbai
- Vidyalankar- Mumbai
- Career Avenues- Mumbai
- T.I.M.E. - Hyderabad
- Narayana Institute- Hyderabad
- IES GATE Academy- Chennai, Coimbatore and Tirupathi
- The GATE Academy- Kolkata and Kota
- Engineers Institute of India- Kolkata