National Overseas Scholarship Grant for the scheduled castes & other Backward Class (OBC)
2 different categories of National Overseas Scholarship Grant for the scheduled castes & other Backward Class (OBC)
FRF & SRF are the 2 different categories of scholarships National Overseas Scholarship Grant for the scheduled castes & other Backward Class (OBC) offers for the deserving candidates.
JRF: - Any successful candidate is allowed to continue first 2 years of his or her study under the National Overseas Scholarship program for encouraging the scheduled castes & other Backward Class. If the candidate’s progress is found to be satisfactorily outstanding their scholarships are extended for remaining 3 years, but subject to periodical scrutiny.
The clauses of termination or extension of scholarships from Junior Research fellowship (JRF) to Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
1) If a candidate fails to satisfy his or her outstanding academic progress to the committee, his or her candidature may be terminated.
2) The supervisor of the committee supervises year-to-year course performance during the JFR and recommends about the progress to the head of the department, which is finally approved or disapproved by the Vice Chancellor the university for the next year.
3) While pursuing the M. Phil. or Ph.D. no student can expect the tenure of the course to exceed more than 5 years.
4) Only those who are ready to take up full time and regular M.Phil. Or Ph. D. course of any recognised institution or University shall be awarded this scholarship.
5) Educational Institution/ University/College/Central/State/UT Government employees are not eligible for availing Fellowship, in spite of the fact that they might be on EOL or Study Leave to pursue the Ph.D. or M.Phil. course.
No other benefits of any type from State or Central Government will be allowed to the same student
If any student is receiving any National Overseas Scholarship, he or she will not be entitled for any type of benefits from State or Central Government. He or she will also not be eligible for any other grant from UGC.
Total number of fellowship
Total number of scholarship to be awarded under this scheme is 2000. In case the numbers of candidates are not adequate in a particular year, the number will be carried forward in the following academic year.
On the contrary, if the number of applicants goes up than the allowable number, the authorities will give weightage to the academic merits & scores of the candidates. The selection will be made on the basis of ascending order of the candidates’ obtained marks in the Post Graduate level.
Eligibility of either house rent allowance or hostel accommodation
Any candidate will be eligible for availing HRS (House Rent Allowance) which will be on the UGC pattern, but will be applicable only to those who are not allocated any hostel accommodation (for any reason). In case any candidate is refused the hostel accommodation for the obvious reason, the candidate will also not be eligible for HRA, because it will be considered as the case of forfeiture of eligibility.
Eligibility of other facilities
Candidates will be eligible for leave including maternity leave (in case of female candidates) and/or medical facilities. All these facilities are over and above the scholarships entitlement. The candidates are offered as much facility as possible for achieving their target without any hassle.