Career includes Long term goals and job is short term goals
People usually carry more than two jobs in their career. It is usually simple to change jobs in the same field of work that define ones career. Although, switching careers is more difficult and may need for a particular purpose the person to begin at the bottom of the rope in the new career.
Let see with the dissimilarities between two things:
What’s a career and job?
Job is defined in three ways:
- Job is a piece of work, esp. a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price.
- Job can be a post of employment; full-time or part-time position.
- Anything a person is expected or obliged to do; duty; responsibility is called Job. It usually is considered to pertain to remunerative work (and sometimes also formal education).
Job is done by people for earning money and to fulfil their basic needs of family. It is contractual type basically contract between employer and the employee. In commercial enterprises, the basic purpose of a job is to create profits for the employer, and the employee contributes labour to the enterprise, in return for payment of wages, or stock options etc.
Job is the condition in which things are happening through which an individual can earn money. It is a constant activity in exchange of payment.
Career is defined in only two ways:
- An occupation or profession, esp. one requiring special training, followed as one's lifework.
- a person's progress or general course of action through life or through a phase of life, as in some profession or undertaking
A career is an activity of a specified kind of a lifelong strong desire to do or achieve something or the usual course of progression towards lifelong goals.
Requirement of career and job:
Under normal conditions career requires special learning that includes individualized part that develop abilities beyond that which training is capable of.
In the job, Education or Special training may or may not be required as career need the same.
Risk in career and job:
People take risk in career. Career may not mean stability of work as it encourages one to take risks. The risks are often internal and therefore planned.
A job is “safe”, as stability of work and income is there. However shifting priorities, especially in resource jobs, can suddenly change the demand and require relocation which is an unstable factor. Risks may be completely external.
Income in career and job:
Career includes variation in income depending on value to society or to some other entity. Non-monetary benefits may be higher. Salary is more common.
In job, it varies by demand. It is more likely to be wage.
Multiple Careers and Jobs option:
Multiple careers option is growing now days. Multiple careers can either be concurrent or sequential
Concurrent multiple career is career where a worker has two simultaneous career options and sequential is career where a worker adopts a new career after having worked for some time in another career.
Reasons for opting concurrent multiple careers:
- economic (such as poverty or striving for additional wealth),
- educational (such as multiple degrees in multiple fields),
- Personal (such as interest or lack of fulfilment in one career).
Multiple jobs option is not legal. One can’t do more than one job at a time so they switch the organisation for better salary and for better position.