In India, Air transport supports 56.6 million jobs. Air passenger traffic is also increasing at a healthy rate, a development focused by modern facilities and infrastructure. India’s aviation sector is having a good growth day by day.
India would be the third largest aviation market by 2020, as per Mr. Ajit Singh, Minister for Civil Aviation, Government of India.
Below mentioned are the top air hostess training institute in India are as follows:
- 1. Frank Finn Institute of Air Hostess Training:
The institute was established in the year 1993 and it is the registered company in UAE which provides training in both aviation and hospitality sector. The institute if spread across 95 cities in India and also having centers in Dubai, Mauritius and Hong Kong.
Courses offered by Frank Finn Institute:
- Aviation, Hospitality & Travel Management and the fee for the course is around 1.96 lakhs.
- Hospitality, Travel & Customer Service and the fee for this course is around 1 lakh.
- Certificate in Aviation, Hospitality and Travel Management (12 months)
- Certificate Course in Hospitality, Travel and Customer Service (12 months)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Aviation and Hospitality Services (12 months)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Airport Ground Services (12 months)
- 2. Universal Aviation Academy:
This academy is established in the year 1996 with its headquarters at Chennai. It works to train soft skills, communication ability, good conduct and behavior among its students.
Selection process in Universal Aviation Academy includes Communication/ Aptitude Test or Personal Interview. Candidate should have completed 12th and should have strong communication skills.
Courses offered by UAA are as follows:
- IATA Certified Air hostess/Flight Steward/Hospitality
- Master Degree in Business Administration-MBA in Aviation.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration-BBA in Aviation.
- Diploma in Airlines & Travel Management.
- Diploma in Airlines Management.
- Diploma in Air Cargo Practices & Documentation.
- Diploma in Airport Ground Staff Training with
- On-job Training-Six months (Subject to Availability).
- Diploma in Airfare & Ticketing.
- Commercial pilot License.
- Private Pilot License.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.
- Aeronautical Engineering.
- 3. Jet Airways Training Academy:
Candidates who are completed their 12th are eligible to apply for this academy. Candidates are selected on the basis of personal counseling and profiling round.
This academy has its centres at Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. Mumbai is the headquarters of this academy.
Personality Development course is offered by this academy and it cost around 45k. It includes
- A visit to the Cabin Crew / CSA Center to understand operations.
- Hands-on training and operations in an actual aircraft.
- Visit to leading in-flight catering units to understand behind-the-scene work.
- Perform a mock onboard meal service.
Other Courses offered by Jet Airways Training Academy:
- Certificate Course in In-Flight (90 days)
- Certificate Course in Ticket Reservation and Check-In (90 days)
- Personality Development (45 days)
- 4. Bombay Flying Club College of Aviation:
This college was established in the year 1928. Candidates who wish to join should have completed 12th examination. This is the only institute in India that is approved by DGCA (Govt. of India). Courses offered by this institute are affiliated to University of Mumbai.
- One year diploma in aviation safety and hospitality.
- 5. Indigo Training Centre:
This training centre offers on-the-job training. It is not so easy to get in to this training. Aspirants need to clear the selection process conducted by the centre which involves multiple selection criteria that need to be fulfilled by the aspirants.
Lastly candidates need to appear for the interview round. After completion of all rounds, Candidates who are selected for receiving training at Indigo are paid a stipend of Rs.10000 to Rs.15000 during their training period.
Candidates are eligible to receive training if they fulfill the basic eligibility criteria as follows:
- Candidate should be a female Indian national who possesses an Indian Passport.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Candidate should possess fluency and clarity of speech in English and Hindi.
- Candidate should have a minimum height of 155 cms with proportionate weight, as per BMI.
- Candidate should have clear skin, positive body language and well groomed. Candidate should not have any visible scars or tattoos.