Earlier, just a degree was enough for individuals to find jobs. But, now with the competitive job market, it becomes important that the job seekers should have some sort of additional qualification to compete. This is why, they are recommended to take job-oriented diploma courses along with their collegiate education. This will play a major role towards improving the chances of getting hired. The diploma courses mentioned below will be of great help to candidates to build their doorsteps towards the budding career. Let us check out the top 6 job-friendly diploma courses in India that will play a major role towards improving the marketable skills of job seekers:
- Diploma in Education Technology: To get admission to this one-year diploma course, candidates must have completed their higher secondary education. This course is meant for teachers, who wish to learn how to use multimedia content into their present teaching style. On completion of this course, students, who wish to become future teachers, will be in a position to use information and communication technologies for imparting education in a successful manner.
- Systemic training and education: With the same duration of 3 years and same qualification requirement like the course mentioned above, this course is meant for candidates with aspiration towards the hotel industry. The training involves a four-core operational department in a hotel being, kitchen, food and beverage service, housekeeping and front office. The great thing about this course offered by the Oberoi group is that the students will be in a position to get practical knowledge in Oberoi group of hotels.
- Retail management programme: This one-year course demands that the applicants must have completed their higher secondary with a minimum of 60% of marks. The course is designed with a view to meet the growing demand for trained professionals in the retail industry. So, candidates with interest towards finding a job in retail industry can take up this course. The course will provide training on different operational concepts related to retail stores, soft skills, retail financing and supply chain.
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Service Management: As most of us know, the hotel industry is something that is booming in different parts of the world. Candidates with this diploma can find their dream job in this field. This course will train the students on food service methods and terminologies, personal grooming, knowledge of equipment, etc.
- Radio jockeying and TV news reading: This 3-month course requires candidates to have completed their higher secondary education. This programme is meant for candidates looking for a lucrative career in the media and entertainment industry. Both theoretical and hands-on training will be provided to aspiring candidates.
- Advanced diploma in Power Distribution Management: This 6-month course is meant for engineering degree or diploma holders. This is the ideal course for those interested in power sector and its operations. As the name of the course denotes, students will learn the different aspects of power sector management.
Conclusion: As mentioned earlier, in the current competitive job market, it becomes important that candidates must have additional qualification apart from their degree and this is where the above-mentioned job-oriented courses will help.