Young artistes of the nation are in for a good news. Ministry of Culture has declared an online scholarship for the artistes in different cultural fields. The scholarship aims to promote the interests and provide financial help to artistes who, possess the skill but require monetary aid for further training. The scholarship is for students who want to pursue advanced studies within India, in the field of Indian Classical Music, Karnataka Classical Music, Theatre, Visual Arts as well as various other Traditional Indigenous Arts. The duration of the scholarship is 2 years, the recipients will be awarded with a sum of Rupees 5000 every month. The students can apply online for scholarship till the last date of application that is 25 April 2016 through below procedure.
Fields of Scholarship for Students
All Indian Nationals can apply for the online scholarship. There are 400 scholarships available for students, who aspire to get advanced training in the fields as enlisted:
- Indian Classical Music such as
Classical Hindustani Music and Classical Carnatic Music, both vocal and instrumental
- Indian Classical Dance/ Dance Music in various forms including Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Odissi Dance/ Music, Manipuri Dance/ Music, Gaudiya Nritya, Thangta, Sattriya dance ,Chhau Dance/ Music.
Specialised forms and aspects of theatre arts, comprising acting, direction, etc., but excluding script writing and research.
- Visual Arts such as
Graphics, Sculpting, Painting, Sketching, Creative Photography, Pottery & Ceramics, and various others.
- Various Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Art Forms, such as
Puppetry, Folk Theatre, Folk dances, Folk Songs, Folk Music, and more.
- Light Classical Music such as Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Qawali, Ghazal, Light Classical music based on Carnatic Style, etc. and Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprasad.
Find some Best Institutions for Fine Arts in India at https://www.way2college.com/colleges/dance
Online application procedure of the scholarship for students will last till 25 April 2016. The students who fall in the age group of 18 to 25 years as on 1 April 2016 can apply for the online scholarship. Those who have already received such scholarship in the past are not eligible to apply.
Only Indian Nationals are eligible for applying for the scholarship. The students who have received at least 5 years of training in related arts or discipline will be given the priority. The students are expected to hold a degree of proficiency in the field, as the scholarship is not for beginners, instead is meant for advanced training.
Applicants will have to undergo personal evaluation in which they will be judged on the basis of the prior knowledge, skill, and a zeal to pursue the training effectively and efficiently.
Therefore the ones with not just a knack about dancing and singing but beginners’ knowledge and proficiency in cultural arts can apply.
Application Procedure for the Scholarship:
· First, login: www.indiaculture.nic.in
· Select MOC Schemes Application
· Then, go for Registration
· Fill up the details in the Registration Form
· Username and Password for Login will be provided via e-mail
· Select Current Scheme Status tab
· Select the suitable Scheme
· Mention all the particulars required in the form and submit
Contact Details of the Concern
- Section officer (S&F Section), Room No. 211, 2nd Floor, Puratatva Bhawan, D Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi-110023 at Phone No.011-24642157 or through E-Mail: email@example.com
- Director, Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, 15-A, Sector-7, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 at Ph. No. 011-25074256 or through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org