CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is an all India Law entrance examination for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in 17 National Law Universities (NLUs). Students who are participating in this exam, tensed for CLAT preparation. It is conducted every year in the month of May. Syllabus of CLAT includes English with comprehension, General knowledge and current affairs, logical reasoning, legal aptitude and elementary mathematics.
CLAT exam is getting competitive over the years because of more no. of students opting for law stream. CLAT preparation is very exhausting and needs patience and time management. For getting a good score and rank in CLAT, it is necessary to do in-depth preparation. Therefore, students opt for coaching which may be of either 1 year or 2 years or even 1 month.
Tips to CLAT Preparation in just 2 Months:
- For CLAT preparation in 2 months, a person should prefer self-study over any crash course but should join a mock test series.
- For this, a student needs to study strategically and do smart work. The time constraint also brings fear, anxiety and panic along with it and students should avoid it.
- The student should think positively and focus on preparation. The student should make a study plan and stick to it.
The first thing a student should do is to get study materials for any reputed coaching like LST etc. and get basics cleared. For first 15 to 20 days go through the study material. Attempt previous year questions in order to see the type of questions asked in the exam and understand its pattern. The student must identify his/her weak points and work on it while sharpening up strengths.
For English Preparation:
- For English, a student should focus on one’s vocabulary and grammar and should practice 2 to 3 comprehensions daily.
- Reading newspaper can help the student develop vocabulary as well as make the student aware of current affairs.
For Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude Preparation:
- For developing logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude, the best way is practising lot many questions from the study material.
- For static G.K. refer any related book and go through history and general science.
- Political science and legal G.K. are also very important.
Importance of Time Management:
- For CLAT preparation the most important factor is time management with accuracy and this can only be achieved by lots of practice.
- So, for the next 20 to 25 days, after the basics are cleared, the student should practice questions from different sources and learn the tricks.
- The student should first focus on getting the answer right (accuracy) and then work for getting accurate answers within the time limit.
- Time management and accuracy factor are very much affected by one’s temperament in the examination hall, and that is why one must attempt enough mock tests and that too in a proper examination environment with the time limit.
- So, for next few days before the exam, the student should go for mock tests and G.K. and current affairs.
Determination, hard work along with smart work is what all is needed for clearing CLAT by 2 months preparation.