LSAT stands for Law School Admission Test and it is a standardized examination conducted for judging the reading and verbal reasoning skills of candidates applying for law schools. This test was actually formulated by the Law Schools Admission Council based in USA for admission of students to the law schools in India. It is designed by testing professionals with professional qualification in psychometrics, logic, linguistics and English.
To apply to the LSAT 2015, candidates must have completed their higher secondary from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% of marks. In addition to this qualification, they must also have completed their LL.B/B.L Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% of marks.
Some details about LSAT India 2015:
- The test is planned to be administered in 16 cities in India on the 17th of May 2015.
- This is a pencil and paper based test and it will have four sections.
- The duration of the test is two hours and 20 minutes and the four sections include analytical reasoning, two parts of logical reasoning and the fourth section is reading comprehension.
- Each of these sections carries 25 marks, thereby making a total of 100 marks for the entire paper.
- The registration fee to be paid by applicants is Rs.3800.
Cities for the test:
As mentioned earlier, the test will be conducted in 16 cities in India and they are:
- East – Ranchi, Raipur, Kolkata and Bhubaneswar
- West – Nagpur, Mumbai, Bhopal and Ahmedabad
- South – Kochi, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore
- North – Lucknow, Jaipur, Delhi and Chandigarh
Top Institutes accepting LSAT 2015 scores:
- Amity Law School
- The Jindal Global Law School
- Galgotia University Law School
- IIT Kharagpur Law School
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
How to apply?
The registration is open for LSAT India online and the applicants will have to apply online. After applying online, a copy of the application along with a DD/Banker’s cheque or pay order drawn in favor of NCS Pearson India Pvt. Ltd payable at Noida/New Delhi should be sent to Pearson VUE located in Chennai before the 25th of April 2015 either by post or by courier.
The payment acceptance and registration confirmation will be sent to the applicants through electronic mail. Once the registration is accepted, the admit card will be made available at the website of Pearson VUE and can be downloaded by candidates. The applicants can download their admit card from the website between 8th and 16th May 2015.
- Online registration – This can be done by applicants between 12th November 2014 and 01st May 2015
- Demand draft: The DD can be drawn by candidates with dates between 12th November 2014 and 1st May 2015.
- Admit cards: Admit cards will be available for downloading from the 8th to 16th of May 2015.
- Exam date: The exam will be held on the 17th of May 2015
- Results: The results will be announced on the 11th of June 2015.