ICET or Integrated Common Entrance Test is an Entrance test for admissions in Master of Business Administration I.e. MBA and Master of Computer Application i.e. MCA courses of all Universities in Andhra Pradesh and their affiliated colleges. All these colleges and universities use these results for the admissions. So it is a very good opportunity for the students to get good colleges in Andhra Pradesh for MBA and MCA.
An Eligibility Criteria is set for the students and those who fulfill these criteria can apply for the exam.
1. Candidates should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local/non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 1974 as amended up to date.
2. The candidates who are not Indian Nationals should satisfy the rules of concerning University or college.
3. The candidates who want to seek admission for-
Students who want to pursue MBA must have been done their graduation (minimum 3 years) from a recognized college with minimum 50% marks. In case of the reserved categories the minimum percentage is 45%.
Students who want to pursue MCA must have been done their graduation (minimum 3 years) from a recognized college with minimum 50% marks. In case of the reserved categories the minimum percentage is 45%. And he must have Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level.
4. If one have pursued the qualifying degree by distance education. Than it must be recognized by joint committee of University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and Distance Education Council (DEC).
5. The candidates who are appearing for Final year examination of their graduation are also eligible to apply for the examination.
6. After getting clear in the respective exam student must have to appear for counseling at the notified centers on the pre-scheduled time.
Selection Procedure -
1. The minimum qualifying marks for this exam is 25% for general candidates as 50 marks out of 200, whereas for ST/SC candidates there is no barrier of minimum qualifying marks.
2. State wide ranks in order of Merit list will be prepared at ICTE. For merit list ranks if two candidates scores the same marks than the tie will be resolved as:
(i) Marks of first section i.e. section A will be considered. The student having more marks in it will get the rank.
(ii) If Tie persist i.e. both are having same marks in section A. Then section B will be taken into consideration. The student having more marks in this will get the rank.
(iii) If the tie still persists then it will be resolved by taking the age of the candidate as a resolution factor. The elder will get the benefit and will be given priority.
3. The rank obtained in The ICET for the specific year will be valid for taking admission in MBA/MCA course of every type like Regular MBA, Part Time MBA, Evening MBA and distance mode MBA of all universities in Andhra Pradesh and their affiliated colleges for that academic year.