MAH CET stands for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test and it is a state level examination conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education of the state for admission of students to the PG courses in Management.
Eligibility requirement to apply:
To apply to this state level MBA/MMS programme admission test, it is important that the applicants must be graduates in any discipline from a university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities with minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. For reserved category candidates the mark required is 45%.
Eligibility for all-India seats admission:
Candidates applying from outside Maharashtra will have to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Should be an Indian national
- Should have completed degree with a minimum of 50% from a recognized university
- Should have valid CAT/GMAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT score
Pattern of the exam:
It is a pencil and paper-based examination with duration of 150 minutes. In 2015, the test will be conducted online in selected centers. There is no negative marking in the test. There will be 200 questions in total divided under four parts and they are:
- Quantitative ability
- Verbal ability
- Data interpretation/data sufficiency
B-Schools accepting MAH CET scores:
This test is conducted for admission to the management programme in 406 institutions functioning under 11 universities operating in Maharashtra. Here is the list of top institutions in Maharashtra offering different management programmes:
- Institute of Business Studies and Research
- Balaji Institute of Telecom & Management
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- Balaji Institute of Management & HRD (BIMHRD)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Management Studies & Research
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai
- Institute for Technology & Management (ITM)
- Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- University of Pune – DMS (PUMBA)
Important dates for the year 2015:
The Directorate of Technical Education has issued notification calling for application from candidates for MAH CET 2015 on the 8th of January 2015. As per the notification, this examination for MBA admission will be conducted on the 14th and 15th of March 2015.
How to apply?
Candidates meeting the eligibility requirements will have to apply online and the application fee is Rs.1000 for general category candidates and Rs.800 for reserved category candidates.
This test is not only for admission of students to the MBA programmes in different institutions in Maharashtra, but it is also for admission of students to MMS, PGDBM and PGDM courses as well. There is no age limit for applying to these courses.
So, not only candidates from Maharashtra, but also those from other parts of India can apply to this test to compete for the all India seats available in different institutions in this state. Interested candidates can find sample paper for practicing from the information brochure that can be found in the official website of Directorate of Technical Education of Maharashtra.