CAT 2016 registration is open from yesterday the 6th of August 2016 and for easiness of the aspiring candidates, the registration process is made easier by the convening authority. It is stated that the registration is a simple three-step process. Not just the process of registration, but the test pattern is also expected to have considerable modification in the forthcoming CAT exam. The registration will beable open for 46 days until the 20th of September 2016 up to 11:59 pm.
What should be kept ready for registration?
When a candidate plans to register for the test, he will have to keep the following data ready to make the process even easier:
- Educational history of the candidate
- Mark sheets of 10th, 12th, degree or diploma
- Details about work experience, if any
- Appropriate copy of certificates to upload, like degree or diploma
- Scanned images of signature and passport size photograph of the applicant. The photo should have white background and it should not be of more than 6 months old.
- Of course, the list of IIM courses that the candidate wants to apply.
Three-step registration process:
As mentioned earlier, registration process has made easier and here are the details about the three-step registration process:
- The first step involves creation of profile
- Then, they will have to log in with system generated user name and password
- Submit application after entering the required details and making payment over internet.
User-friendly registration process:
To help out students 2016 registration process of CAT exam is more user-friendly. The reason is that the guidelines are clearer as compared to what it was earlier. The application has all the required instructions to complete the registration easily and it is also free from any technical errors. When all the required details mentioned above are kept ready by an applicant, the process will not take much of his time. Here are the details about the changes made in the process of registration:
Multiple login is allowed and so sufficient time can be taken for registration:
Until an applicant hits the submit button, he can fill up the application in multiple parts. Earlier, this was not the case and the process of registration was time bound. If a candidate wants to complete the application process at one shot, he will have 30 minutes. Else, he can login after some time after saving the data entered. Before filling the details, it is better to get a complete understanding of instructions given. However, the applicant should fill up all the mandatory details and copies of certificates should be attached, otherwise, he will not be able to hit the submit button. Also, once the submit button is hit, the candidate cannot make any changes to the application. Only saving and taking print out is possible after submission of application.
The other facilities include more choice of test centers, applicants can first register and then they can pay the fee afterwards. In addition, candidates are provided with the chance to choose the Personal Interview center of their choice.