The Graduate Management Admission Council shortly called as GMAC is a global organization that is comprised of popular graduate business schools from around the globe. Since this council believes that business and management are crucial for the social and economic well-being of people from around the world, the council advocates the graduate management education and its value not only to the society, but also to individuals as well. GMAC has the ownership and administration of GMAT and NMAT Examinations.
Why take NMAT?
If you are a candidate interested in pursuing an MBA or any other management program in India, you will have to face an important question with respect to the choice of entrance examination to take up. Here are some of the reasons why you should take this test as against many others conducted for this purpose:
- Many leading B-Schools admit students on the basis of this score
- It measures the skills needed for succeeding in B-school
- The sections in this test are designed in such a way that you can perform at the best of your ability
- At the end, it is designed for your convenience. This means that you can choose the date, time and location of the test at your convenience, self-scheduling is possible, you can register for this test from your mobile phone, you can choose from among any 27 destinations across the nation to take up the test and also you can apply to the b-schools after reviewing your results.
Registration has begun:
GMAC has begun registration for this test and here are the important dates:
- Registration – Is open from 2nd July and will be open until 05th of October 2016
- Scheduling – The start date for scheduling is 3rd July and end date is 22nd October 2016.
- Late registration – The late registration opening date is 6th October and end date is 19th October 2016.
- Rescheduling – Begins from 03rd July and ends on 16th December 2016.
- Exam delivery begins from 06th of October to 19th of December 2016.
- Retake schedule is on from the 06th of October and ends on 18th December
- The final announcement of results will be on the 15th of January 2016.
The fee details vary according to your schedule and here are the details in this regard:
- Early registration – Rs.1600 plus applicable taxes
- Late registration – Rs.2000 plus taxes
- Retake – Rs.1600 plus taxes
- Reschedule – Rs.1000 apart from taxes
You can choose to make the payment through DD, Diners Club, Net Banking, Debit Card, American Express, MasterCard and Visa. If you opt for a rescheduling, you will have to make the payment through American Express, Visa and Master Card alone.
Sections in the test:
- The language skills section will have 32 questions to be completed in 22 minutes
- For 48 questions in quantitative skills section, the time allotted is 60 minutes
- The logical reasoning section will have 40 questions that are to be completed within 38 minutes
So, register yourself to take up the test at your convenient date and time within the period mentioned above.