MAT Exam 2016 dates are out for the examination that is planned to be held in the month of May. The paper-based test is announced to be held on the 1st of May 2016 and computer-based test is planned to be held from 7th of May 2016 onwards, in case the number of candidates registering for this test is limited, the test will be conducted on a single day (i.e.) on the 7th of May itself, otherwise, it will continue to the following days.
MAT examination is conducted by AIMA, which stands for All India Management Association. This is a regulated test administered from the year 1988. The purpose of the establishment of this test is to facilitate business schools to screen candidates for admission to the MBA and related courses. The test gained the status of national level test from the year 2003. The score of this test stands as the entry ticket for more than 600 B-Schools across India.
MAT Exam Pattern:
The test duration is 150 minutes and there will be 200 questions in total in MAT 2016 with 40 questions in each of the five sections. Each question carries a mark and there will be a negative marking of ¼ of the total mark or 0.25 mark for each wrong answer. Each multiple choice question in this test will have four options from which test takers will have to choose the correct option. The five sections in the test are:
- Language Comprehension
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Mathematical Skills
- Indian and Global Environment.
MAT 2016 Eligibility:
To opt for mat registration 2016, it is essential that applicants must be graduates in any discipline. Final year candidates from any discipline are also eligible to apply.
Candidates meeting the eligibility requirement and are interested in mat registration 2016, can choose any of the following methods for registration:
- They can register online at the website of AIMA with debit/credit card payment.
- They can also register in the same mode by making payment through Net banking. The fee amount is Rs.1200.
- They can get crossed demand draft for Rs.1200 drawn in favor of All India Management Association payable at Delhi from any bank. After drawing the DD, the applicant can register with the website along with DD details as per the onscreen instructions.
- The final method that can be followed by applicants is to obtain OMR Registration form with MAT Bulletin/CD against cash payment of Rs.1200 from the office of AIMA at New Delhi.
- For candidates applying online, the last date is 19th of April 2016
- For candidates choosing other modes like making payment through DD, purchasing registration form from the office, the last date for purchase of application form is 16th of April 2016 and they should submit the duly completed printout out of registration form at the office of AIMA before 19th of April 2016.
- Admit cards for both paper-based and computer-based test should be submitted on or before the 23rd of April 2016.
MAT 2016 Admission Procedure:
For admission to colleges based on MAT 2016 score, candidates are recommended to check the list of participating institutions before applying to MAT, so that they can apply to the test only when the institutions near them are accepting MAT score. Even if they find the name of a particular institution in the list provided in AIMA website, they can check with the institution once before applying to MAT. Besides applying to MAT and taking up the test the applicants will have to apply to the institution as well separately. When applying, they should specify that they have MAT score or if they are going to apply for MAT only after applying to the institution, appropriate details should be provided in the application. After announcement of mat result 2016, they should submit the copy of the score card to the institution before admission.