The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is the standardized test that is conducted right from the year 1988 for facilitating B-Schools to screen candidates for admission to the MBA and allied programmes. The Ministry of HRD of the Indian Government has approved this test as the national level test in the year 2003. Any international or national level B-Schools can use this score as the input for admitting students to the business management programmes. This test, which is holding the pride of being the largest test of its kind in India, will continue to be the passport for candidates to get admission to more than 600 B-Schools across the nation.
- Test Mode: The applicants can take the test either as paper-based or computer-based test
- Date: The paper based test will be held on 03rd May 2016 and the computer based test will be conducted on 9th of May 2016, if the number of applicants in this mode is limited and can be accommodated in a single day. Otherwise, the test will continue to the following dates as well until all applicants are accommodated.
- Test timing: The paper-based test will be conducted from 10am to 12.30 pm and computer based test will be conducted in different time slots at particular venues on the basis of the number of candidates applying for this mode.
To apply to this Management Aptitude Test, the applicants must be graduates in any discipline. Those in the final year of their degree course can also apply.
How to apply?
The process of registration will begin from the 1st week of March 2016 and candidates can apply through any of the modes mentioned below:
- They can register online through the website of AIMA with Credit/Debit or ATM card payment. They can find detailed procedure for applying in this mode, when they click on the appropriate link in the website.
- The second option they can choose is to apply through the same website and by making the payment of Rs.1200 through Net banking.
- Before applying online, they can get Demand Draft for Rs.1200 drawn from any Bank in favor of the All India Management Association payable at Delhi. Then, they can apply online by providing complete details about the DD. They can find detailed instruction for applying in this mode in appropriate link in the website of the association.
- The final option available is that they can get Bulletin/CD for MAT against a cash payment of Rs.1200 either from AIMA, New Delhi or through Nodal Centres and the list of these centres can be obtained from the website. The bulletin will be made available in these centres from the second week of March.
Important dates to remember:
The application forms will be on sale until the 18th of April 2016. The filled in applications should be submitted before the 21st of April 2016 at AIMA New Delhi. The last date to apply online is 18th April 2016. Admit cards can be downloaded from the website of the association on or after the 25th of April 2016 by all provisionally registered candidates.