Many Indian students these days show interest towards study abroad programs and reports state that Singapore is turning out to be an important destination for Indian students. Here are some details that will help students interested to continue their MBA in Singapore to meet their study abroad dream:
Singapore attracting students from different parts of the world:
The economic success of Singapore is highly sufficient for attracting students from different parts of the world to pursue their higher education. At international level, this country has emerged as a major economic hub when it comes to higher education. Along with developing market, this country also offers quality education for students. In addition to providing world-class education, the right kind of training is provided to the students in leadership skills by the best B-schools in this nation.
Reports state that a degree in management and MBA from this nation has earned international recognition. The growing influence of the continent of Asia in the international market is much more evident these days than ever before. This nation is emerging as a common market for world nations and so gaining MBA from good quality B-schools in this nation can give a competitive advantage to students as compared to gaining such a degree from other nations.
What are the prerequisites to apply for colleges offering MBA in Singapore?
- The important requirement to get into an MBA course in Singapore is to have a good educational record in the UG program or equivalent educational qualification
- Prominent B-schools generally look for candidates with 0-5 years full-time work experience for their MBA programmes.
- A good GMAT score can give weightage
- Graduates from Universities, whose language of education is not English should have the appropriate TOEFL score.
Singapore Visa and immigration:
Those planning for a higher education in Singapore and have applied and got the application accepted from an educational institution in Singapore, should get a student pass. They must apply for student visa at least 2 months before the commencement of the course with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority. In addition to Visa, the students should also have a valid Passport.
Documents needed to apply for Visa:
- Forms like Form 16, V36, V39S duly signed by students and their sponsors are needed
- Depending on the B-school to which they apply, students should submit appropriate IELTS/TOEFL score certificate
- They should submit their mark sheets and certificates of qualifying degree
- Banker’s Guarantee of Singapore Dollars worth 5000 from Cashier’s order or established bank in Singapore
- Birth certificate of the applicant in English
- 2 recent passport size photos, either color or black and white.
Colleges/Institutes for Management programmes in Singapore:
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- SIM University
- Nanyang Institute of Management
- Singapore Institute of Technology & Design
- Marketing Institute of Singapore Training Centre
- Amity Global Business School
- Management Development Institute of Singapore
- United Asia School of Management
- EASB Institute of Management