In this article you will get about the importance of personality development and communication skills for bright career after MBA. After acquiring the graduate (either technical or non-technical) degree, most business aspirants tend to apply for MBA program. With various available private, deemed, state, and central level universities, choosing the best is a tough job.
However, you can make it simple by understanding the exact meaning of MBA. Most of the students think MBA is just another course, it will be similar to any other generic course of we studied earlier.
In fact, it's not an academic course which teaches us managerial terminologies. While the MBA program includes various aspects of developing soft skills i.e. personality development and communication skills. These skills can help the candidates to reach their professional and personal goals.
So, it's advisable to choose the management institute that allocates a major portion of the curriculum for soft skill training. To let you know the importance, here, we've briefed the role of personality development and communication skills in an MBA program.
Importance of Personality Development for Successful Career after MBA:
- In business presentation with clients or a debate/group discussion with teammates, you can’t achieve success without influencing others.
- To make this possible, you need to have good inter and intra- managerial skills.
- The word personality itself resembles the combination of appearance and characteristics.
- It refers to one's attitude, politeness, eagerness, behavior, style, punctuality, mindset, self-confidence, speaking ability, etc.
- Structuring your body, attitude and mindset as per the competitive market let you build confidence that is so essential in addressing successfully any type of public forum.
- So, you need to possess a positive attitude, impressive personality, smart dressing sense that can aid you in creating a lasting first impression.
Among thousands of MBA institutes available in the country, only a handful of institutes teaches the art of personality development.
Importance of Communication Skills:
Along with importance of personality development, get how communication skills are important-
- Communication, the process of transferring meaningful information. It is not simple as it looks.
- From friendly conversation to the professional presentations, it plays a vital role in every stage of our life.
- Every year lakhs of management graduates enter the job market with an aim to realize their future dreams.
- Even though most candidates secure good marks in their academics, they fail to prove themselves during interviews. The reason behind it is the lack of effective communication skills. They lose out on opportunities which could be life changing.
- Even though you possess sound professional and technical skills, lack of proper presentation may be a major reason for an average paying job. Thus, you need to acquire good communication skills to lead a successful career in this multifaceted corporate arena.
- Even an untimed facial expression or misdirected statement may deliver the undesired message to the watchful observers. Particularly, the MBA graduates who need to interact with clients, address business meetings, etc. should be more conscious of essential communication skills.
- As a business administration aspirant, you should have some communication skills that include -
- verbal skills which let you deliver the content more efficiently
- writing skills that enable you to detail the content elaborately
- presentation skills that let you structure and design the overall appearance of information in ways that creates an optimum impact on the desired recipients.
As communicated by Students and Some of the faculties of GIBS Business School, Bangalore, the institute delivers a power packed soft skill enhancement training modules to its MBA students. It is the prime reason that the pass outs are coming up with flying colors in their respective recruiter interface.
Packages are decent and the profiles are impressive, which are the primal objectives of most MBA aspirants in their first jobs. Specific professional corporate trainers who have mastered the various techniques of corporate communication are hired to deliver effective results that completely transform the most introvert graduates to smart confident professionals. No wonders GIBS enters the league of the best Business schools in Bangalore