Birla School of Management (BSM) Kolkata, India
The institute, Birla School of management is run by the Vidya Mandir Society. The educational society was established by the Late L N Birla with the aspiration of providing educational flairs to the young minds and help new generations to achieve success and reach greater heights.
Affiliated To : West Bengal University of Technology.
Approved by: - AICTE
Address: L.N. Birla Building, 1, Moira Street, Minto Park, Kolkata-700016.
Fax : +91 33 2281 7479
Phone : +91 33 2281 7479, +91 33 2281 1438
1) The institute’s prominent activities include small business management center, entrepreneurship development center and executive development program center.
2) Birla School of Management, a well reputed & pioneer Institute in the field of Management Studies in Eastern part of India.
3) The institute’s courses are distinct in their disciplines of study.
Courses & specializations:-
MMA in Financial Engineering
MMA in Entrepreneurship and Micro Small Medium Enterprise Management
MMA in Retail Management and Marketing of Agricultural Product
Post Graduate Diploma in Management
MMA in NGO and Event Management
Pioneering ideas being put into practice:-
• Business Specializations instead of Subject Specializations
• Pioneer in the program ‘Master in Management Administration’
• Creating Job Makers, instead of remaining as Job Seekers
- Value Addition
• Quality of the institute is assessed by leading Business School of UK
• As a built in program, Certification in the faculty of Business Systems and Information Management is issued by NIIT
• Internationally and professionally acclaimed visiting faculty
• Personality Development and Life Skills programs are the one of the major item to boost up the employability of the students
• Well-equipped Placement Cell
• Upcoming collaborations with foreign universities
The school has a considerably big library with huge number of books. The other non-academic facilities in the institute are music rooms, cafeteria, computer labs etc.
Master in Management Administration (MMA)
The program, as the name goes, is developed and designed on the basis of recent trends of management studies.
Eligibility:- Graduation in any stream with 50% marks
Duration:- 2 Years
Admission:- Graduates clearing the WBUTs CET or CAT / MAT OR any such examinations
Selection Process: Selection of the students are based on merit and personal interviews undertaken by the selection committee at the institute.
Fees: Rs. As on date/- Per Semester
Pedagogy: The teaching techniques of the institute are excellently designed with the regular audio-visual support, class lectures, case studies, massive use of computers and internet. The students are to prepare, without fail, a dissertation on a particular management topic which is evaluated by both external and internal examiners during their final semester.
Placement: The placement division very actively organizes interviews and assists qualifying students in getting placed in good companies with good pay & positions.
BSM’s placement cell:-
The Placement department is very active and so provides the students with the in-plant training as part of curriculum. But it is a fact that the students are ultimately responsible for their jobs. As the responsibility the institute helps the students with contacts, resources and information for their determining career plan and can boost individual student’s background and goal. The students are oriented to the fluctuations in the job markets. The main job of the placement cell is to help the students to gain the maximum from their own credentials.
Top Placement Companies:-
Amrit Group, National Stock Exchange, Sun Plant Agro, Presto Retail, HSBC, Dhanalaxmi Bank, Rei Agro, SMC Global Finance, Belfast Financial Services, Bajaj Capital, NIIT, Wipro, CRISIL, Netscribes, Shiksha.com, Rainbow Financial Services, Vodafone, Shopper's Stop, Kindle and many more.