Management Aptitude Test (MAT) conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi for December 2016 session will be conducted in the second week of the month. The application process has already begun.
MAT is a standardized test being administered since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD approved MAT as a national level test in 2003. Any B-School - national or international - can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates. The largest test of its kind in the nation, MAT will continue to be your passport to over 600 B-Schools across India.
Eligibility: Graduates in any discipline, Final year students of graduate courses can also apply
Mode of Test (how to take the test): Candidate can choose any one of the two options to take the test
Paper Based Test & Computer based Test
The Paper-Based Test will take place only on one day i.e., 07 December 2016 at one time slot i.e., 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m., whereas the Computer Based Test will take place from 13 December 2016 onwards in different time slots.
Computer based MAT 2016 test: 13th December, 2016
Paper based MAT 2016 test: 7th December, 2016
Last date for the submission of filled in registration form: 24th November, 2016
Last date for online registration: 22nd November, 2016
Last date for the sale of application form: 22nd November, 2016.
How to apply:
Candidate can choose any one of the following modes to apply.
- Register online at website lnk: http://apps.aima.in/matdec14with Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card). Payment. Detailed procedure is given on the website link. or
- Register online at website link http://apps.aima.in/matdec14by making payment of Rs.1200/- through Net Banking. or
- Obtain crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi from any Bank. Register online at website link: http://apps.aima.in/matdec14along with the DD details. Detailed procedure is given on the website link or
- Obtain Form with MAT Bulletin/CD against cash payment ofRs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) from listed Nodal Centres of AIMA OR from AIMA, New Delhi.
Participating Mis: Check out the MAT Participating Institutes list.
There are five blocks consisting of four boxes each given in the form.
Fill the codes of those five institutes only where you have applied or are applying for admission. Applicants are advised to check the approval/recognition status of various programs directly from the concerned Authorities/Institutes/ Universities.
No additional fee is to be paid for filling these 5 choices.
Important Notice: Applicants are advised to check the approval/recognition status of various programs directly from the concerned Authorities/ Institutes/ Universities.
MAT Registration Form: All forms received at AIMA are scanned/ validated within 5 days and the form numbers of such received forms will be available on website link www.aima-ind.org/mat_receipt.aspx.
Further, your form will be scrutinized and if found in order, it will be provisionally registered.
MAT registration form received later than the due date is liable to be rejected neither any correspondence in this regard will be entertained nor will the fee be refunded.
• All provisionally registered candidates both for Paper Based and Computer Based Test can download their Admit Card from AIMA website link http://apps.aima.in/matadmitcard.aspx by 29 November 2016.
• Specific admit card will be generated both for the candidates opted for the paper based test and for the computer based test.
• Admit card would be having candidate name, form number, roll number, test date, test time and test venue address Candidate has to strictly follow the date and time allotted to them in the case of computer based test.
• Candidates applied for Computer Based Test and who have been permitted to appear for the Computer Based Test have to download the Admit Card 7 days before the Paper Based Test date from AIMA website. Candidates accessing the website the earliest can choose the Date and Time of his/her choice subject to availability. Those who have not opted the date and time slot for 4-5 days; will be automatically allotted date and time slot by the system. No request for change of date and time slot can be entertained.
• No separate admit card will be issued or dispatched.