The Directorate of Distance & Online Education of Amity University offers online courses as e-degrees. The courses are offered at different levels like Post Graduate, graduate, post graduate diploma, short-term certificate and diploma courses. The e-degrees offered under the category of Post Graduate Degrees include Master of Business Administration as a two-year course.
The online MBA programme is offered by the Directorate of Distance & Online Education of Amity University under the following specializations:
- Entrepreneurship & Leadership
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Insurance Management
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Sales
- Operations Management
- Retail Management
- Hospitality Management
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Management
The first two semesters has the common subject for all specializations, elective subjects will be offered on the basis of the specialization chosen by the candidates during the third and fourth semesters. However, one subject in 3rd semester and 2 papers in 4th semester are common for all specializations.
It is essential that the applicants must possess sufficient knowledge and understanding of English Language & Communication. Candidates, whose first language is not English, must have studied in English Medium for a minimum of 3 academic years before they seek admission to the online MBA Programme or they must possess valid TOEFL Score.
Qualification requirement for applicants with Indian education:
- Applicants must hold 10th class certification after completing at least 10 years of formal schooling
- The same thing is applicable to 12th class certification
- The applicants must have graduation either of 3 or 4 year degree and diploma holders cannot apply.
Qualification requirement for applicants with foreign education:
- O level certification after completing 10 years of formal schooling
- A level certification with 12 years of formal schooling
- Graduation either of 3 or 4 years duration and diploma holders need not apply
- These applicants should also have certificate of equivalence from Association of Indian Universities
For Indian nationals: For the first semester students of Indian origin and Indian qualification degree, must pay a fee of Rs.54000. For the other three semesters, the fee applicable is Rs.27000. The total course fee is Rs.135000. If made as one-time payment, the fee to be paid is Rs.125000.
For foreign nationals: For foreign applicants the fee applicable is 625 USD for each semester, thereby making a total fee of $2500.
How to apply?
Interested candidates meeting the eligibility requirements can apply online through the Directorate of Distance & Online Education of Amity University. They will have to get username and password before applying online. This means that a valid registration is needed to enter the website for applying to the online MBA programme.
The great thing about this directorate of this university is that students will be provided with the chance to shift between regular distance learning course and e-learning as per their convenience. The course duration is flexible and students can interact with peers and faculty through email. At the end of each subject, students will get assessment for self-evaluation.