MBA means Master of Business Administration which is a 2 years post graduate study with various specializations. It is also defined as” MBA is a Master’s program which prepares students for various functions and positions in the Business World”.
Nowadays, everyone wants to make career in MBA, but no matter what stream they belongs to and there are many colleges available that are stepping up with increasing demand of MBA. This is a fact that management industry gains MBA specialization more than anything.
There are many entrance tests for MBA admissions which include CAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, CMAT, SNAP, JMET, ATMA etc. It is not an easy task to complete these exams as they are difficult to crack. But if one keeps few things in mind before taking these exams, there is a possibility to clear the exams and can get admissions in the top B-Schools.
Why majority of the aspirants Prefer to join MBA?
- First and foremost thing is to get a good job with a decent profile.
- As Business area is in a wide range, there will be many career opportunities and jobs for Job seekers.
- Aspirants with good academic background are eligible to apply and should have completed graduation.
- Management career appears to be attractive.
- Children and parents from business families are increasingly seeking professional education before entering the family business.
CAT and GMAT are the two popular entrance exams for the admission of MBA in the top B-Schools.
The essential focus areas on which the students are tested are as follows:
- Command over English Language is expression, Vocabulary & Grammar.
- Logical and Reasoning Ability requires basic knowledge about Mathematics & Statistics.
- Knowledge about the National and World affairs specially the current affairs going on across the globe.
- Leadership qualities and Public speaking which is tested through group discussion.
Pattern of MBA Examination:
- All the written tests are based on multiple choice questions which is of objective type mainly conducted through online.
- Number of Questions to be answered within the allotted time will be one of the challenging tasks.
- As per the latest pattern, one cannot move to next question before answering the previous one.
- The algorithms are redesigned and one cannot predict the positive, neutral and negative marking.
Tips for the preparation of MBA entrance:
- Start working on your language skills and the communication ability. One can improve this by reading the standard national daily newspaper and the regular news magazines along with the books of your choice. By reading the above, one will get the knowledge about the current affairs too.
- To speak English in a better way, one need to see a good TV news program conducted by the news anchors who speaks in an easy and accent tone.
- Commerce, Non-medical and other students who have optional mathematics in school and college must take the subject if it is difficult too.
- There will be many coaching centers which conduct classes for the preparation of the CAT and GMAT exams. The one who feels difficult to prepare alone, they can go for the coaching institutes.
- Solving puzzle and participating in quiz helps to improve an individual’s logical ability.
- There are many books available for the preparation for the entrance exams.
- Solve old papers to practice and by this one will get an idea about the pattern and the type of the questions that occur in the examination.
- MBA entrance exam is not looking for any particular specialization; it is looking for overall mental ability. So an individual better stress at all the topics but do no waste time if you are not getting it at all.