Many aspiring MBA candidates are of the opinion that getting admission to a reputed B-School is not at all possible for students with lesser financial background. Even though, it is true that this is an expensive programme, funding this course is possible in the form of educational loans and scholarships in India.
To gain scholarship from a good B-school, it becomes important that students must secure good percentage of marks either in the qualifying examination or during the MBA course. In short, students with interest towards taking up this course, but are worried about their finances can rely on scholarships offered by the following top B-schools to gain their dream qualification without spending huge money. Here is the list of top MBA business schools along with the details about the scholarships they offer to the meritorious and aspiring candidates:
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad:
The scholarship offered by this institution is to provide the right kind of financial support to economically weaker students. However, the amount of scholarship offered to the students is decided on the basis of the number of dependant family members, asset ownership of parents, annual gross family income and many other factors. Applications for scholarships are received from the students on the month of July every year.
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta:
Students with gross annual income of Rs.4 lakhs or lesser are eligible for scholarship from the Indian Institute of Management in Calcutta. The institute provides the facility for students to get either a full or partial waiver on the tuition fee. Students in the first and second year of their MBA course can be benefited from this scheme.
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore:
Four types of scholarships are offered by this institute for providing support to the students:
- T Thomas Scholarship: Scholarship to the sum of Rs.1 lakh is offered to meritorious PGP students showing good performance in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. This money is given by Hindustan Unilever Limited to one student for 2 years.
- Aditya Birla Scholarship: The amount offered under this scholarship is Rs.1.75 lakhs and it is given both to first and second year students taking PGP course.
- Uday Nayak Scholarship: This merit-based scholarship to the tune of Rs.10,000 is given to second year students.
- OPJEMS Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the O P Jindal Group and it is awarded to one student of each academic year. The sum offered is Rs.1.25 lakhs.
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar:
This institute awards Bharti Foundation Scholarship to the tune of Rs.50,000 per year to Post Graduate Diploma in Management students to manage tuition fee and other educational expenses related to the course. It is offered both on need and merit ground and different considerations like financial need, leadership skills and educational performance of students are taken into consideration.
Faculty of Management Studies:
The Delhi University Faculty of Management Studies provides scholarship under the following 3 categories:
- GE Scholarship: On the basis of their first year results, second year students of this institute doing their full-time course will get a scholarship to the tune of Rs.1 lakh.
- Sanwa Bank Foundation Scholarship: The amount equivalent to US $500 in Indian rupees is offered to 10 students with 5 students from first year and five from second year.
- Nestle India Scholarship: Each year two scholarships are given to the tune of Rs.1 lakh and Rs.75000 per annum.