AIMS test for Management Admission, conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools is scheduled to be held on 24th May, 2015. The respective examination is a channel for admissions into management courses like Post Graduation Diploma in Management also known as PGDM and MBA also known as Masters of Business Administration. Qualifying candidates will be eligible for admission into the courses mentioned above for the session of 2015-16.
With only two days left, mentioned below are some last minute tips for the preparation of students appearing for the examination.
- Spend time on concentrating on the topics that you have already prepared and are thorough with. Making efforts to understand and learn new topics will waste your time and affect your confidence.
- A revision time-table will be very helpful for studying in the last few days before the examination. Prepare a time-table and strictly follow it for studying and revising.
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses and divide your time for each section accordingly. Although make sure you not to spend much time on the topics of your choice as it is compulsory to clear the cut-offs for all the mentioned subjects.
- Group studying in the last moment can be fatal. Within a group, the probability of having anxiety is high which can surely have a very adverse influence on you.
- It is better to practice and revise using the questions banks. Choose a good question bank with appropriate answers to all the questions so as to assess yourself along with revising the syllabus. Papers from previous years are also very beneficial for the preparations.
- Keep a track of time whenever you are attempting a mock paper to have a rough idea of how much time you will take to complete certain set of questions or the entire paper. This will help you to pace up in case you are getting slow.
- Another approach is to set a target for yourself and practice/prepare accordingly. Doing so will help you work hard on your strong areas and will make it less difficult for you to achieve your target for which you are aiming.
- Do not rush with the paper on the day of ATMA examinations and avoid attempting the paper blindly. Go through the entire question paper in the time allotted and mark your strong and weak points accordingly. Always begin with questions that you are confident about and carry more marks as those questions will use less time of yours and hence you will have more time for questions you aren’t as much confident.
- In order to successfully attempt the paper to the fullest of your potential you need to relax your mind and stay calm and focused. Take frequent breaks and don’t let the stress get to you.
Good Wishes for candidates who are appearing for the respective examinations. The results are expected to be announced by 2nd of June, 2015