MSc COMPUTER SCIENCE vs MCA
M.Sc-CS and MCA both are Post Graduation Degrees which includes detail study about the computer software and Programming Languages.
M.Sc in Computer Science
Master of Science in computer Science (M.Sc-CS) is a 2 years full time post graduation degree. Computer Science includes many Programming languages like C, C++, Java, .net, SQL etc.. which we will study in detail. Computer Science is having 4 semesters in which first 3 semesters includes the detail study of many programming languages and the fourth semester will be the Project.
Graduate with computer science as principal subject.
Admission is based according to the college/ University policies and rules.
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a 3 years full time post graduation degree. Computer Application is having 6 semesters in which 4 semesters will be fully subject oriented and last 2 semesters will be the Project work outside the college.
Graduates in any stream.
Admission is based on the entrance exam conducted by government or by the college/Institute.
M.Sc in Computer Science vs MCA
- Computer Application gives preference to software application where as Computer Science gives preference in development of Architecture, Algorithms and Flow charts.
- Computer Application is a detail study of computer software where as Computer Science is the study about the theoretical aspects of the computer.
- Computer Application is having 6 Semesters where as Computer Science is having 4 Semesters.
- In normal colleges syllabus for both M.Sc-CS and MCA are same, but in VTU colleges there is some difference in the syllabus.
- Job profile for MCA would be Software Engineer, Application Developer where as Job profile for M.Sc-CS would be System Engineer, System Analyst.
Finally, we can say that MCA is more professional for the one who aims to build their career in IT industry can better to take MCA and one who are interested in Teaching/ Research field can go for M.SC in Computer Science..
|You must also read:|
|MCA - Master of Computer Application Through Distance|
|Correspondence MCA: Good for IT professionals|